Monday, April 5, 2010

A-Z Mondays - the Food Version! "K" is for Kous-Kous

Yes, I know, traditionally kous kous is spelled with "C" and not "K"....however, since I recently went to a Moroccan restaurant called Kous Kous, I figured I could sneak it in for my "K" food.
According to "WikiAnswers" couscous is a pasta, not a grain. It is made by mixing semolina (coarsely ground durum wheat) and water, and then shaping into the little "grains" of pasta. The pasta is then coated with flour to prevent them from sticking to each other. In other words, couscous is YUMMY!

Here are a couple of photos from our recent visit to Kous Kous. Some of this food may look a little funky, but let me tell you it was all really good!




Our fun little group!
If you'd like to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, be sure to stop by Jen's blog.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

You are right, the food does look a bit 'funky'.. but I bet it was lovely!

Ben said...

That food looks exotically good! This is a lot easier to look at after we ate, so I don't have to get all hungry looking at all this good stuff!

Minerva said...

Funky can be good! It looks good to me. Are those lentels? I have never been to a Moroccan place, but always wanted to.