Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Not even close to a Wordless Wednesday -Old Friends, and a House Call!

Last week, an old high school girlfriend of mine, Beth, came back to town for a visit. We got together with a group of other alumni at a local pub, and spent the evening visiting and catching up on lost time. I'm posting the pictures here since several of my old friends have my blog address, but don't have a Face Book page...

For my class of 82 alumni & friends - here you go!

Left to right - Laura, Derrick & Beth Yours truly, Beth, math teacher Mr. "Vangroovy", & Derrick
Dave & moi
Danny & me, again...
What the heck, is this the Sue show? Here I am with Jon
and with my buddy Karen
and the group - Bob, Danny, Karen, Beth, Jon, Colleen, me, Laura, Derrick & Dave
After a busy weekend of alumni fun, dog beach fun and our adventure to Palm Springs, it was time for Kona and I to head to the VA Hospital. We went early Monday to visit with another old alumni friend of mine, Bob, who was in for a blood transfusion. Bob's sister Joanie was in town from Denver, so we all got to visit for a while. Bob has been battling cancer for some time now, and he is a real trooper. No matter what, he always has a smile on his face.
When I was visiting with Bob, he mentioned to me that his Dad loves does, but no longer has a pup in his life. He told me it would mean a lot to him if I could make a house call with Kona to visit him at home. Tuesday morning we headed out for our little house call. It was a big hit!

Kona was being a ham here with me, but spent the majority of the hour and a half we were there snuggling and nuzzling with Bob, his Dad, and Joanie. It was a really nice visit.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

3 comments:

kks said...

wow, how sweet of you to make the house call...we always get more out of it than what was intended...wonderful! :)
and you, my dear are looking hot, hot, hot! i bet it felt good to be feeling so good around your old friends!!
hugs to handsome Kona!
xoxo

April said...

Oooh la la Sue! I feel the need to tell you that your boobies looked AMAZING in that top you wore to your alumni group meeting. You go girl! Love ya!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Love the pictures!! I think it is so nice for you and Kona to make a house call. I imagine that was a great visit!!