Friday, April 30, 2010

Two Seconds on the Tube

Kona was a TV star again earlier this week, if even only for 2 or 3 seconds! We were invited to be part of a TV segment spotlighting the San Diego Humane Society's "Walk and Roll for the Animals" taking place this weekend. Don't blink or you might miss him. He'd be the big white Golden with the goofy smile on his face. They actually pan back and show him again toward the end of the segment.(Oh, I feel like such a stage Mom!)



And speaking of the Humane Society walk, this is going to be one crazy, super busy couple of days!

This afternoon Kona and I are going to head back to the VA. It will be our third visit there this week. We are going to go in a bit early today to see a couple of the hospice patients that are in need of a little extra TLC from Kona. Two gentlemen in particular are real dog lovers, and Kona's visit meant so much to them when we were there on Wednesday. I don't want them to have to wait another week and a half for them to see him again.

This evening I have another Gold party. I've had one for each of the last two nights, but they've been tough ones, and haven't made the minimum to be considered a "qualifying" party, which means the party totals were less than $1,000 and I couldn't pay the hostesses any commission. That happens every once in a while, and is very disappointing when it does. I'm looking forward to a strong party tonight though.

Tomorrow will start off nice and early with the Humane Society walk that starts at 7:30am. From there I'll go straight to a Meetup with the Golden group for some dog surf lessons and a beach fun morning. I won't be able to stick around the beach for long though, because I have two Gold parties tomorrow! One in the late afternoon and one in the evening. My fingers are crossed that they are both good ones.

Sunday I get to have a somewhat leisurely morning and I don't have a lot on my schedule until around 2pm when I have another party on the agenda. Maybe a quiet breakfast with Hubby and the kids, or a nice long with the pups. In the evening I have a conference call, which is usually about an hour long...then dinner and prep for the coming week.

Whew! I'm getting tired just thinking about it all! I hope your weekend is fun and full of adventure. I'll try to sneak in a post this weekend if I get a chance but I'm not making promises!

6 comments:

Sierra Rose said...

Oh Kona you warm our hearts!!
Great tv spot! And, wow...action packed weekend. Enjoy!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Kona, you are so sweet and beautiful! It doesn't surprise us at all that you would be on the television! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Golden Samantha said...

Wow - whatta great show - loved seeing Kona there amongst the other pups! Famous!!! Someone always says, "if you need something done, ask a busy person!" I guess they are talking about you! Incredible! You go, Sue!
Hugs xo
Sammie and family

kks said...

i saw Kona! he's a star! :)
sounds like you have a busy, fun filled weekend ahead!
xoxo

Valerie Cummings said...

Awe what a great news story and Kona looks so handsome!!! Hope you have a great weekend! Hugs Valerie Joey and Kealani

How Sam Sees It said...

My goodness! How do you keep it all apart?

Sam