Monday, December 7, 2009

A-Z Mondays, "E" is for "Evolution"

No, not the kind of "evolution" you may be thinking of.

This is the evolution of the family Christmas picture. Our family picture.

Tonight was picture night. We got all dressed in our red shirts, like we do most every year, got the festive collars on the pups, and smiled our prettiest for the camera. This year we had Val helping us out, at the helm of the camera with some bells in hand to get the dogs' attention. After a few harried moments, we had the perfect shot. (Or as close to perfect as this gangly crew was going to get!) The image has been cropped and sent off for printing...whew! What a good feeling that is! I also managed to finish our annual holiday "update" letter, so all there is left to do is get the labels printed, and get everything stamped, stuffed and in the mail. To top it off, I'm a week ahead of last year! Can I get a whoop-whoop!

I won't share this year's picture with you quite yet, but I'll show you what I could round up from previous years. I know I've got older ones in a box...somewhere, but these will have to suffice for tonight.

2005

2006

2007
2008

If you'd like to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, be sure to visit Jen's blog here!

7 comments:

Chris H said...

Lovely parade of photos.. can't wait to see this year's!

kks said...

what great pictures, ones to treasure forever....can't wait to see this year's shot!!!
xoxo

Golden Samantha said...

Oh Sue - it has been waay too long - a bizzy time of year, that's fur shore!!! LOVE those pictures of all of you! Each one different and wonderful! Thanks for sharing all your family with us!
Hugs xo
Sammie

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I can't wait to see this year's picture! The other pictures are so great!!! It looks like everyone has lots of fun including the dogs!!

Valerie Cummings said...

Love the evolution! Its so weird to only see 2 dogs though! Hugs Joey and Kealani

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Awesome ... thanks for sharing your family holiday photos. Look forward on seeing this years holiday photo. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Minerva said...

Oops..somehow I missed your E post yesterday. Great photos! I like the one by the pool.