Tuesday, December 1, 2009

One of those days...

At last, December, the last month of the year.


I am happy that it's December. Not for reasons that most people are probably happy that it's December, but for selfish reasons of my own. 2009 has been a crappy year. I will be glad, make that VERY glad, when it's over.

I know that there are a lot of things I am thankful for, as I talked about in my Thanksgiving day post, but, you know, some days, it's just a little tougher than others to keep my chin up. Today was one of those days.


The day started of lovely enough...with a nice long line at the DMV. Oh, come on now, who wouldn't want to start their day by getting to the DMV nearly a half hour before they open, only to find that about 40 people already had your brilliant idea and beat you to the punch.

Yup, that was fun. Surprisingly though, it only took me about an hour to get done with my business there (renewing my driver's license) and I was on my way. Speaking of "on my way" while I was out and about I saw this in front of me...
I didn't realize that Batman drove a Scion. See, you learn something every day! He drove like a bat out of hell too!

I also came across this today. Shoot, I didn't know that Heinz put this stuff in a can...I think maybe someone should see a doctor. Spotted Dick pudding? Um, I'll pass.The day wasn't a total bummer. I spent a good part of the afternoon in a movie, which I actually really enjoyed. I saw "Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock (Hubby's favorite girlfriend...besides me). It was a great movie, and it was nice to see something based on a true story that was an uplifting story with a great ending. That was my feel good time of the day.
After the movie, things went downhill. Not like horribly, screetchingly terribly downhill... but downhill nonetheless. A bit of bad news that has sent me into a funk. Nothing to do with anything seriously important like someones health, thank goodness, and nothing I can't get over, but it will take a little processing, thought and reevaluation. This is NOT how I wanted this particular "something" to go.... Sometimes life sends us lemons, right? Time to start finding a way to make lemonade, right?

By the way...I'm not a fan of lemonade. OK, maybe with a little vodka. Got a juicer I can borrow?

Tomorrow will be a better day. I'm sure of it. I get a new refrigerator delivered tomorrow.
Whoopee.
I wanted a couch. (How's that for sour lemonade?)

5 comments:

kks said...

i'm sorry that your day was a bummer....i think it is good to post about it and get it off your chest...what is that saying..."your are never given more than you can handle", although you wonder! hang in there...i'm with you on getting dec. over....have a better day!
and the more vodka the less lemonade you need!
xoxo

Valerie Cummings said...

I have some sugar you can borrow!!!!
Everything will work out ok in the end! I have faith!!! Hugs joey and Kealani

April said...

Oh Sue. I'm sorry your day sucked. If you lived closer to me I would take you out for margaritas, forget the vodka and lemonade! And what's a margarita without some chips and salsa and maybe some fajitas? Right?

My 2009 SUCKED big donkey balls. I wish there was a nicer way of saying it but there's not. So my hope for both of us is an awesome 2010. And when I say awesome, I just mean a year that doesn't totally suck. My expectations are LOW. Love you girl!!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I'm sorry your day was bad...the start of it at the DMV would have done me in for the entire day. The rest of it doesn't sound good either. I hope that things are better. I have days like that and wish I could just go to bed and hide.

Sierra Rose said...

Hope you have found another bright spot in your day. Totally understand those curve balls life brings us...always thinking of that Plan B, when something doesn't go the way we want it to. Drat! Hope you found your juicer and bit of vodka....a glass of wine over here, always seems to soothe that dissappointment....

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose and mom