Thursday, December 17, 2009

Welcome Home!

Last night we had the honor of going to the airport with a group of other therapy dogs, and joining with the USO in welcoming some troops that were arriving home from the Iraq and Kuwait. It was pretty cool, to say the least!

The whole group.
Waiting anxiously.
The payoff.
There were more pictures taken, but for some reason they came out really blurry. We didn't see as many troops coming in as we thought we would, but it was great to see the folks that did come in. One young man in particular, really got to me. He came down the escalator with a brand new baby in a snugglie on his chest. His young wife had obviously made her way to the gate to greet the new Daddy. The pride and smile on his face were contagious. It was, to say the least, a very special moment. I know for sure that that little family will have a very, very Merry Christmas.

3 comments:

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That is wonderful!! Brought tears to my eyes! I can only imagine being there...so very special. Thanks!!!!

Tami said...

How WONDERFUL! Your pictures are precious!

How Sam Sees It said...

How wonderful! I am sure that was an awesome homecoming!

Sam and Cisco