Friday, December 11, 2009

Like a Fine Wine...

OK, so I may not be actually getting "better" with age....(grumpier? yes. more opinionated? for sure! better? that's questionable....) but I do have to say I certainly think I look better than I did a couple of years ago. 12 years ago to be specific. That's how long ago I got my last driver's license picture taken. I remember it very clearly. I was working at the home office of the "Sweet Factory" back when it was still located in San Diego. I thought I looked great in my little checkered jacket and vest.


What. Was. I. Thinking?


I'll have to say, the DMV is on top of things right now. I went in on the 1st of December to renew my license (I've been a very good girl, I've never gotten a ticket. EVER. -I probably totally just jinxed myself....) But anyway, since I've got a clean driving record this is the first time in 12 years that I've had to actually go into the DMV to renew my license. I took a vision test, smiled for my new picture, and I was on my way. Yesterday, exactly 9 days later, I received my new license in the mail. Not too shabby.

3 comments:

kks said...

You look fabulous girl! Keep it up....slow and steady progress....the key.....and everything in moderation. I gave up wine,but now eat ice cream....hey,can't be perfect:)

♥I am Holly♥ said...

It's a very good picture. In Virginia they won't let you smile and it's black and white. Mine is horrible. I look like an inmate!!

Valerie Cummings said...

You ARE getting better with age! You look beautiful! Hugs Joey and Kealani