Friday, December 18, 2009

Sweet Pickle turned Sweet 16 on the 16th!

Happy Birthday Pickle! A day or so late on the posting, I know, but I had to wait for pictures!

It just seems like yesterday that I looked like this....just hours before you were born.
And then, before I knew it, I was holding you in my arms!
You were my very own, very special holiday delivery! The nurses even put you in a special Christmas stocking!
We were so lucky to have my Grandma (Omi) visiting from Germany at that time. She was such a wonderful, loving, sweet, warm person. Her face always lit up around her great-grandchildren. Bear was her first great-grandchild.
And you were her last. I remember the moment this picture was taken. She was so excited to hold you! It was a very special time for all of us.
And then, in the blink of an eye, you are 16! A beautiful young lady, independent, strong, smart, sassy, and full talent and fun.
I'm hoping that your birthday was all that you wanted it to be. You certainly deserve it!

7 comments:

kks said...

a very happy birthday to a beautiful young lady.....who takes after her mother!
xo

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!
HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETY!!!!!!
16 years old.....Awwwwwwww.....soooooo young.....so sweet.....so beautiful....soooooooo intelligent.....
Sue...you made a miracle with her....
Your photos with her are soooooo precious....
Thanks for sharing with us....
With a mommy sooooooo special I understand because your children are sooooooooooooooo special too!!!!!
We're honored to have you and your family in our life!!!!
We're sure your girl had a wonderful birthday with all her family....lots of presents....funny moments....but the most important thing she had...we're sure was....LOVE!!!!!!!!
And you close to her!!!
Wish her all the best life could give!!!!!
WE LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Homer said...

Happy Birthday Pickle!

Love,
Homer

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Happy Birthday to You!!!!! I hope you have a great day!!

Valerie Cummings said...

Happy Birthday Pickle!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani

Chris H said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PICKLE! I am sure you had a lovely day.

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Beautiful - she was beautiful then, and is even more so now! Happy Birthday, sweet Niki!!