Monday, December 14, 2009

A-Z Mondays, "D" is for Dogs on Display, and it's my Special Day!

Over the course of the last week or so, we participated in two different Christmas parades with our Golden Retriever Group. The dogs were dressed up, and looking divine in their holiday best. Our group was a huge hit with the crowds at both parades!


I mean seriously, how could you not love these dogs!

Our group from the La Jolla Christmas parade.
Kona in his Christmas best!
Our friend Shad makes a great Santa Paws.

Kona was dying for a hot dog!
Waiting patiently for the results from the Escondido judges...Would our group win a trophy?
While we waited, a special visitor stopped by!
Yes! Our group won the 1st place trophy for our division! This was our second year in a row to win. Sweet!
Can you tell Kona was over the costume stuff? (Get this friggin thing off me!)
And...on a different note...as I mentioned....today is my special day. Today is the 25th anniversary of my 21st birthday. Yup...my birthday. It wasn't that long ago that I looked like this.... Or this...
or this.
Seriously, I was one cute little girl! Thanks Mom and Dad, for having me.


If you'd like to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, be sure to stop by Jen's blog here!

9 comments:

Golden Samantha said...

Holy Christmas and Sandy Claws parades and winnings! Congrats for the second year in a row! All the dogs look terrific at the parade - wish we'd been able to be there! And love the photos of YOU - how cute you were as a mere babe!!! Congrats!
Hugs xo
Sammie

Jen said...

Happy Monday Sue
Congrats on the win!! You DONE good.
and Happy Birthday-yes a darling gal, you still are.

Jen said...

Happy Monday Sue
Congrats on the win!! You DONE good.
and Happy Birthday-yes a darling gal, you still are.

Dawn said...

happy birthday!! (my special day is right around the corner!) i love the christmas doggies!!

Ms. ~K said...

That's a bunch of Golden Love for sure!
Happy, Happy Birthday!!! The baby photos are adorable!
~K

Travel girl said...

OMG.... Those are cute baby pictures.....Happy 25th anniversary of your 21st birthday. Very nice way to put it!!
Congrats on the award and I love Kona's outfit.....

kks said...

congrats on winning!!!
and a very happy birthday to you!! (mine is in december too)
very cute babe pics! hope you had a wonderful day!
xo

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Happy Birthday to you!! Love the pictures!!! Also congratulations on the award..you deserve it!! Love those pictures too and Kona really does look like she wants out of that costume in the last picture of her!!! I can't think of anybody with a soul who wouldn't absolutely love those dogs! Just looking at them in pictures makes me smile!

Valerie Cummings said...

Congratulations for winning first place!!!! Every body looked beautiful in their holiday bast!!! Kona cracks me up too!! And you were such a little cutie!!! OMG Happy Birthday! Love, Valerie Joey and Kealani