Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Nine Days and a Wake-Up

Yup, I'm down to single digits now. YIKES! In just a little over 9 days I'll be one the 3 Day walk! HOLY MOLY! What have I gotten myself into? I am mentally ready...but I'm not sure about the physical part. I was doing great on the training for a long while, but I have to admit I've let it slip a bit these last weeks. Life sometimes has a way of taking over, and I've found myself without the time to do what I should be doing. No excuse, I know, but I'm just telling it like it is.

This passed Saturday I was supposed to walk an 18 mile training walk. I simply didn't have time. With my Mom out of town, I needed to make three visits to my Dad's house to be sure he got his insulin on time, got to his dialysis appointment on time, etc. That was my priority, and that's what I did. I tried my best to get a decent walk in, but even with starting long before it was light, there were only so many miles I could walk before I had to be on the road to his house.

We did have a nice 8 mile walk though, which certainly beats nothing. We started in the dark...




and saw a beautiful, glorious sunrise.
It was truly spectacular!
There were not a lot of other people out walking that early!
And we even saw some dolphins! There was a whole pod playing in the waves. You can see one come out of the water at the 19 sec. mark.

It was a lovely way to start an otherwise very busy day.

On a side note, I just wanted to share something VERY exciting with you all. I am thrilled to say that I have reached well above and beyond my fundraising goal of $2500. As of today, I have raised a whopping $3,300! How awesome is that? HUGE thanks go out to each and everyone of you who has been able to help me reach this incredible amount! I am, in the words of my friend Chris, Gobsmacked!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

More updates soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This "passed" Saturday or this PAST Saturday? Hhhmmmmmm...