Wednesday, November 24, 2010

By the Numbers


  • 3 Days

  • 65.93 total miles walked in those 3 days.

  • Approximately 4,000 walkers

  • Over 10.6 million dollars raised in San Diego alone for the Susan G. Komen Foundation

  • Donations made to me for the walk = $3400

  • Total "60 Miles for our Melons" team donations = $9513

  • 2192 pictures taken between me and my friends and family over the course of the 3 day walk

  • 5 pairs of socks worn over those 3 days (by me)

  • 3 pairs of shoes worn over those 3 days (by me)

  • 9 hours walked in the rain on Saturday.

  • 115,000 bananas served to the walkers and crew over the 3 days.

  • 2812 was the number I was checked in at the end of day one.

  • 2916 was the number I was checked in at the end of day two.

  • 1 = the number of blisters on my feet (and it's just a little one!)

  • 3= times I've done the 3 day now...

  • 2= times I've walked every single step in the 3 day. (The first time I walked, in 2006, I had to get a ride to the top of one of the hills.)

  • Familiar faces seen along the route - countless.

  • number of pictures taken of Hubby and his "Melon Men" buddies with other women squeezing his melons? WAY to many to count! (Those Melon Men are all over the Internet and FB!)

  • The experience of doing the 3 day again, immeasurable.
End of day 1
End of day 2
End of day 3

2 comments:

kks said...

Wow! Those are some impressive numbers.....congrats Sue! What a wonderful goal, and a wonderful event to look forward to! Congrats to all and the Melon Men....my kinda guys! :)
xoxo

How Sam Sees It said...

Wooo! Those are awesome numbers!

Sam