Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wordy Wednesday

Who am I kidding? I can never get away with a "wordless Wednesday" so why keep trying! I guess it's just not in my nature to not be chatty.

Anywho...here are some pictures I wanted to share from last Saturday. My Golden group participated in the Oceanside Freedom Days Independence Day Parade for the first time ever. It was a blast!

Naturally we got there plenty early (I had to sign the group in no later than 8:30am but the parade didn't start until 10am) and Jack and Harley were anxious to get going.
Ollie - one of the puppies in our group, was dressed in his patriotic best! Some of the pups in our group gave the members of the military some extra TLC. We had a very nice sized group show up - especially considering it was a holiday weekend and lots of people had plans. Ah, finally dressed and ready to walk! Harley and Jack were finally getting happy! Of course Jill was happy too! Hubby had his hands full while I cruised around taking pictures. I am so lucky that he is such a good sport about stuff like this! Pickle looks tickled, can you tell? (If that's not a "Mom-next time let me sleep in" fake smile, I don't know what is!) The Goldens were the hit of the crowd, and what a crowd it was! There were over 10,000 people lining the streets! We wanted to stop here along the way, but they didn't have room for all of us! Next time we will call ahead of time!


5 comments:

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Beautiful pictures!!!! We bet you had loads of fun!!!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Golden Samantha said...

What a great meetup parade! And so many showed up, looking so patriotic! Such a super group you have there and a wonderful event to participate in! Looking forward to the next meetup we can get to!
Hugs xoxoxo
Sammie and MA

Chris H said...

Goldies look gorgeous in Red, White and Blue.

Harry said...

Hi Sue,

I stopped by to say hello. It looks like you had a wonderful holiday, and thank you for sharing the pictures, they're beautiful.

Love,
Harry and Robert

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Awesome!!! I wish we had some doggy meet-ups up here. I miss getting out more, but with three (one of which is the worst case of separation anxiety ever.....EVER!!!), we are feeling like we've become prisoners to our home!

Hey, wanna move up here????