Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Flash Mob with a Twist!

I know, I know, I can be a bit of a geek sometimes....(or so I've been told)...I was sent a link to this video and I LOVED it!

I think it would be such a blast to be a part of something like this, but I have zero dance talent, and even less singing talent, so both a flash dance mob, or singing such as this would be totally out of my realm of reality....but maybe something down the line...with a golden or two, or three hundred...hmmm, that's something to think about!

A quick explanation:
On Saturday, April 24, 2010, over 30 members of the Opera Company of Philadelphia Chorus and principal cast members from their upcoming production of La Traviata converged on the Reading Terminal Market Italian Festival in Philly. Wearing street clothes and blending in with the crowd, the artists swung into action after the first orchestral strains of the famed " Brindisi " were piped through the market, giving a rousing, surprise performance for hundreds of delighted onlookers who were there to enjoy the Italian delicacies that the Market has to offer.
The four-minute piece won a thunderous ovation that included both laughter and tears from the audience.

Watch and enjoy! I love the first singer, and how he gives "eyes" to the lady he is singing to.

No comments: