Saturday, July 10, 2010

Busy Day and the Birthday Boy!

We got another early start this morning-we were up and out of the house at 6:30am for a 6 mile training walk. Hubby is being a great sport and walking most of my miles with me, which was especially nice, considering that today is his birthday! We met up with some friends of ours (one of which is also doing the walk, and who, like me, has a sweet hubby that walks with her) We all 4 walked down at the bay where it was nice, and cool - perfect walking weather!
There is always some new "artsy-fartsy" sculpture down along the bay...I loved this one- it's called "Dog Tree"
This one reminded me of the Little Mermaid. I didn't catch the real name of it.
Here we are - Jill, one of my walking buddies, and 3 Day teammate, nearing the end of our 6 mile walk this morning. This park, which is located very close to the airport, is called "Cancer Survivor's Park" - pretty cool, don't you think? It makes me think of all of my friends and family who have survived cancer, and of course, those who haven't. One in particular, Dena, has been on my mind on every training walk I take. She is missed terribly by her loving friends, family, and most of all her husband Robert, and sweet golden, Harry. You can read her story here. The pink ribbon I have on my sidebar is dedicated to Dena, and will be there as long as I have my blog.
On a lighter note. After walking 6 miles, I felt like I deserved a little treat. I know I shouldn't have done it, but I did, and it was good....really, really good!
I had special plans for a romantic dinner alone with Hubby, but plans fell through, as our favorite waiter in our favorite restaurant called to tell me he was sick, and wouldn't be there for our special dinner. It's just not the same if he isn't there, so we opted to take the kids with us for a little more casual dinner, and just spend a family evening together. Hubby was happy, and that's what counts, right? (I was really, REALLY looking forward to the hot chocolate lava cake for dessert....but it wasn't about me tonight. Hubby said we should wait, so we wait....did I mention that I was REALLY, REALLY looking forward to that cake? Yup, I thought I did. Oh well...next week.)

Here he is sporting his new bike jersey. He's being silly, trying to suck up his tummy, can you tell?
Happy birthday Hubby! I hope your birthday was a good one, even if I didn't you didn't get your chocolate lava cake...

4 comments:

kks said...

just spent some time at Dena's blog...wow, such an inspiration, and so damn unfair...walk girl, walk! and you DO deserve any coffee or chocolate cake you desire!
love the pic of hubby! and what a guy for walking with you and supporting you! and you are looking really great Sue....
i love the "artsy-fartsy" dog tree sculpture...of course is should be all goldens!
happy birthday hubby!!
xoxoxo

How Sam Sees It said...

We hope your Hubby has a wonderful birthday!

Sam

♥I am Holly♥ said...

We wish your hubby a very wonderful and special Happy Birthday! Holly and mom

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Happy belated bday, Hubs! When I saw the picture of you in your new shirt, I thought "Holy cow - if Hubs can suck it in like that, what's my excuse??

And YOU look amazing too!!! So proud of both of you!!

Love to you all,
Kim and Shar