Monday, May 10, 2010

A-Z Mondays-The Foodie Version, "P" is for Popcorn!

I am not a big popcorn eater. I am not one to make a bowl at home in the evening to munch on. However, I rarely, if ever go to a movie and not have popcorn. Movie theater popcorn, in my humble opinion, is the BEST!

I love to go to the movies on Tuesday because it's free $1 popcorn day! And...they let you upgrade to a medium for only another buck, which basically saves you something like $400 because popcorn at the theater is usually so ridiculously expensive.

Anyway, my A-Z post for "P" was a struggle for me this week. I was torn between peanut butter, and popcorn. Oh, I do love my peanut butter too! (Skippy - Super Chunk is my preferred spread.)

Popcorn won out at the last minute though, I don't know why. Maybe because it sounds really good right now, and tomorrow is Tuesday? Who knows!

If you'd like to see what other hungry bloggers are writing about today, be sure to stop by Jen's blog here.

6 comments:

♥I am Holly♥ said...

Popcorn at the movie theater is the only kind I eat! Tuesdays are the only day I go there too!! Lots of love, Debbie and Holly

Ben said...

I've got you covered with the peanut butter thing...
Movie popcorn is usually ridiculous - I've heard it said that theaters make their profits on the concessions. I believe it.

Chris H said...

I love peanut butter better than popcorn too... and I only have popcorn at the movies too.

Loui♥ said...

delightful!
excellent choice!
I too love movie popcorn..
guess it's just all the buttery salty taste which makes me slurp down my Dr Pepper too quickly.. and then I spend the entire movie trying to get the junk outta my teeth!
warmest hugs..
Loui♥

lah said...

love movie theater popcorn! loaded with "butter" :)

Cassie said...

Did you say $1 popcorn day?? Never heard of such a thing...that sounds fabulous!!