Friday, May 21, 2010

Flowers for a Friend

Kona and I took some flowers to our special friend, "Mr. W" at the VA hospital today. Because of the VA regulations, I'm not supposed to take pictures of the veterans...so this one will have to do. We've been visiting with this very special man for over a month now, usually at least twice if not three times a week. He is in hospice, and has no family in California, or west of the Mississippi for that matter. He is 87 years old, and is a dear, sweet, gentle, kind man. I will tell you more about him soon, but suffice it to say that Kona and I are smitten.

6 comments:

kks said...

how nice of you to share your love with this lovely man, sounds like it makes you feel as good as i'm sure it makes him!
you and Kona are angels....
xoxo

Kelli said...

That is so precious! God bless!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

That is just so wonderful. It made me get all teary eyed. You do the most beautiful things for people with Kona. Lots of love,Debbie and holy

Anonymous said...

Thats so wonderful. Im sure that man is very thankful for what you and Kona do.

Licks of Love,
Paige and Her dog, Simba

How Sam Sees It said...

I am sure he loves your visits!

Sam

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh what a precious picture of Kona!!!! I know Mr. really loved those flowers!!! Youre such an angel!!! Hugs Joey and Kealani