Friday, May 15, 2009

Pops Update and Some Fun Stuff

There hasn't been really anything new to update on my Dad, he is still in the hospital, and we continue to hope that is body bounces back from his pace maker surgery, and the other issues he has been dealing with. I've been visiting with him every day, and working to keep his spirits up. All I can say is that getting old sucks, but it beats the hell out of the alternative.

In spite of it being a rough week, there have been some definite bright spots. Hearing that Dad made it out of surgery well and was resting in recovery - very bright spot. A little pampering from Bear, my cosmetologist "wunderkid" who started at a new place recently and gave me a much needed haircut and spa treatment shampoo-head massage, nice bright spot... My wonderful, dear friend Doug coming down from Seattle and spending some time with me both on Monday and all day yesterday, huge bright spot. Spending a good portion of the day yesterday with a bunch of members from the Golden Group, as we went on a Hornblower Bay cruise with our dogs, and then followed it up with a great lunch in a scenic little area not far away, very bright indeed.

My friend Doug, in white, and Hubby on the Hornblower cruise yesterday.
Not all of the dogs on the cruise yesterday were thrilled to be there (notice this was not one of our Golden group pups!)
Our little group
This is Lola, one of the newest additions to our Golden Group. What a doll! (She was in a pet stroller because she does not have all of her shots yet, and this is a great way for her to get out and socialize but stay safe.)
The pups are at the groomer now, to get all cleaned up for their "official" therapy training test tomorrow. (Keep your fingers and paws crossed that they do well) They were in dire need of some pampering themselves, and honestly, I am appreciating the peace and quite. Oh, so much to do...so little time.

I'll catch up again soon - promise!

10 comments:

Mason Dixie said...

Hope you dad gets out soon. =) Looks like a great group of fun pups.

NCmountainwoman said...

Oh, Lola is such a sweetie. Of course there is nothing as cute as a Golden puppy.

Fingers and paws crossed here that your dad will continue to improve.

Chris H said...

Glad your Dad continues to improve.
Lola is so cute in her stoller!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue - we hope your dad keeps getting a little better every day.

Your pals,
Joey and Zeke

kks said...

what fun you have with your dogs, they are very lucky...glad your dad is doing well...keep the thoughts positive and you will get through all of this...and give your beautiful, clean, sweet smelling...newly groomed goldens a big hug!
had a golden in work today that looked like kona...didn't get a pic, but very handsome!

Valerie Cummings said...

Cant wait to meet Lola!!! The cruise looked like lots of fun! Hugs for pops!!! Valerie Joey and Kealani

Anonymous said...

oooohh!!! I wanna play with Lola! She is adorable! They do not stay puppies long enough!

I will pray for your Dad to continue to improve. Getting old does suck big time.

Najia said...

Sue! Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, but so relieved that he's working through his bump in the road. I haven't had a chance to visit and I feel so bad. Please know that Ed and I have your father, you, and your family in our prayers and we hope for nothing but good health and good times to come your way.

I came over all jolly to let you know that you've been tagged over at my place, but you have much, much more important responsibilities right now. Let me know if we can help with anything at all, ok? Please do so.

XoXo,
Me & My Boys

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Sue!
I hope your Dad gets better soon!

xoxo
Thor

Baylor said...

Lola! You just gave me an idea for Sole'! I was wondering how I could get her out and about before all of her shots! Thanks!

It looks like you had a grand time on your outing! I wish I was there!

Continued good thoughts for your dad....

Barks!

Luna and Sole'