Monday, May 4, 2009

Another Whirlwind of a Weekend

Here it is, Monday already, and I don't know where the weekend went. The days flew by because they were so jammed packed with fun and activities, but seriously, I feel like a need a weekend after my weekend! I didn't get anything done around the house that I should have gotten done, laundry is piled up, the kitchen needs some attention, the backyard and pool need tending to...but, hey, it's not like that stuff is going anywhere, and you know, there was fun stuff going on that I didn't want to miss.

The weekend started off early with our Golden Group's participation in the San Diego Humane Society's 15th Annual Walk for the Animals. Our team raised $750 for a good cause, and although the turnout from our group was a little lighter than I thought it would be, there were actually thousands of people in attendance, and it was a fun event. We got interviewed by a local news station, which I posted Saturday, and we all had a great time.


Part of our group from the walk.


Jill loves these kinds of events.
Just walkin the dogs...
Part of our group with the news reporter, in pink.
Yup, there were a few people there.
After the walk, we came home, dropped off Jill and headed to our Therapy Training class. Jack and Kona are both doing very well in class, and as of the end of class, they are half way through their training. I am very pleased with the progress they've made since the first week of training, when I was absolutely sure we'd be kicked out. They are getting really good at their "sit-stays" "down-stays", "paws up" and "leave-its"...they are also both very good at ignoring the distractions the trainers present to them - an umbrella opening up close to their face, loud noises, squeaky wheel chairs and walkers, etc. It's been a very interesting experience so far, and we are all really enjoying it.

After training, we had just enough time to get home, get cleaned up, and head out again. We joined a large group of friends for a birthday party at a restaurant called the "Gulf Coast Grill"...we'd been there once before, and really enjoy the food. They offer all types of seafood, among other things, with a Cajun flair.


We topped off the evening with a stop by our favorite Gelato place, and then headed home to hit the sack.

Sunday started off bright and early again, with another Golden Group activity. We had a holistic health seminar for the group that turned out to be very popular and informative. We learned about options for natural flea care, massage for our pups, food options, herbal supplements, etc. One of the best parts of the seminar for me was meeting one of my favorite blogger buddies. She is Mom to two sweet Golden Gentlemen, Milo and Achilles and lives in the area. I'd mentioned the seminar to her, and invited her to join us, and I was so happy that she did! It was so cool, and somewhat surreal, to meet here after having gotten to know her and her family through the blogging community. Scooter and Kona daydreaming about a little sister for Scooter...
A pretty nice sized group for the get together!
After the Meetup, I came home, dropped off Hubby and the pups, picked up Pickle and headed north to Escondido, where there was a Renaissance Faire being held. It was very small compared to the faire we went to up in L.A. a couple of weeks ago, but it was still fun. I was searching for additions to my costume, but didn't find anything I couldn't live without. Since we went up there late, we didn't even bother to dress up, and dressing makes these types of events so much more fun.

As always, we did see lots of interesting characters...


and my quest for the perfect man in a kilt continues... he wasn't it...but a nice try.

7 comments:

Najia said...

Sue, it was SUCH a pleasure to finally meet you! Your energy and light comes right through your blog, and it was great to feel it when we met. Of course, Ed and I both adored your pups, although we really didn't get to properly greet Kona! Next time!

Achilles & Milo had a wonderful time and I've yet to post my own pics and videos. My heart is heavy today because I don't know how much longer Achilles will be with us. :-( I've been trying not to cry all day long. His Cushings disease is catching up with him. He had a horribly restless night last night, and this morning he didn't eat any of his food. Those are the signs of organ failure, so please keep him in your prayers.

You and your husband are a wonderful team. We are looking forward to getting to know you better. Thank you again for inviting our humble little family!

Baylor said...

Whew! What a weekend you had! I am tired after just reading about it! Oh, and thanks bunches..Mom is now just starving seeing those foodie pictures! She said she is going to try and "cook" something! Gotta go hide! She is scary in the kitchen!

Thanks - for real- for sharing all of the pics! You had such a grand weekend!

The perfect kilt, hmmm, I will keep my eyes open for you! If I see something interesting, I will bark at ya!

Barks!
Luna and Sole'

Valerie Cummings said...

OMG! I can barely keep up with you! That was a jammed pack weekend!!! BUsy girl! Hugs Valerie Joey and Kealani

Chris and Mackenzie said...

Neat! You do such an amazing job with your golden meetup. Jealous! Wish there was someone like your in Houston to lead another group. (sigh)

Are you on Twitter? I seem to be spending too much time over there. :)

Chris H said...

WOW what an awesome meet! All those gorgeous dogs (and people)!

Homer said...

Wish I was there to join you guys!

Love,
Homer

Allison Walton said...

WOW! Look at all of those goldens! What a beautiful sight!

Wuv,
Gus and Waldo