Friday, May 1, 2009

Doggie Couture?

As you may remember, I organize the San Diego Golden Retriever Meetup Group, a rag tag group of a couple of Golden Retriever owners (only about 625 of us at last count) that do fun things together with our gorgeous Goldens. Over the last couple of years our events have grown from casual beach get togethers and park outings to parade participation, surf competitions, grooming seminars, agility events, canine freestyle and health seminars, to name a few.

Also, over the course of the last couple of years, we've migrated from having "home-made" group t-shirts (I ironed on the logos myself!), to offering a decent selection of group apparel, including short and long sleeve t-shirts, tank tops, hats, bandannas, sweatshirts, and visors. Needless to say, we've come a long way.

Where I'm going with this is... to tell you that I've been approached about selling doggie t-shirts with our group's logo on them...and I'm just not sure about them.... I think it's usually the Paris Hilton's of the world that dress up their little furbabies, and I've never been one to subject my pups to wearing clothes...(that is if you don't count Halloween, Easter, and various other holidays...ha ha) and I'm not sure what to think about this...

What do you think? Is it just me, or does Kona look like a grumpy little camper?



Poor little guy was wiped out from all of the excitement! Ha! Ha!

10 comments:

The Musketeers said...

Nice outfit there Kona,
Wow, I notice that you're a very big boy !

Anonymous said...

Here's my two cents: My mom loves seeing pictures of other dogs wearing clothes, but I hate wearing clothes - even bandanas.
Your meet-up group sounds like fun!

See ya!
Joey

Najia said...

Sue!!!! Thanks for stopping by! I love your furbabies so much and I look forward to visiting their pics all the time.

What time on Sunday at Grape Street park??? Now that we have our new G-Mobile ("Golden Mobile"), we can transport our furbabies with much more ease. I actually have to work this weekend at the office. We're preparing for trial and it's a beast of a task. But, I would LOVE to see if I can swing by, even if it is for a few minutes. Let me know! :-)

donna said...

Darwin would eat it....

He ate this one:

http://www.woodka.com/2007/06/19/2-cool/

kks said...

the tees are great....i think kona needs the next size up! :) i too, on occasion, have put a tee on the dogs, usually just for a good laugh.....i think dog clothes are for the little hairless type!
what a large group of golden lovers you have...i volunteered for golden ret rescue here in wis for about 5 years, really enjoyed it....have a great wknd!

Homer said...

Kona looks great on that tight fitting t-shirt.

It's not easy (in my opinion) to find large size clothing for big dogs. Missus would dress me up on occasional basis in the house, never outdoors.

Love,
Homer

Paco,Milo, Maya and mommy Simona said...

Woowoowooooo Kona!!!!
you look wonderful with your t-shirt!!!
you're a very very big boy!!!!
And great job Sue!!!!
We love this outfit!!!!!
Can we have one for us???
We think that Me and Milo will be Great wearing it!!!!!!
Mommyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....can we have t-shirt like Kona???????
we love watching your photos guys and we loved to live near you and taking part on your wonderful goldens group!!!!
We love you!!!!!!!!!!!!
have a wonderful weekend!!!!

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh hes so handsome in that shirt! I love it! HUgs Valerie Joey and Kealani

Najia said...

I think we'll be able to make it tomorrow. Yay! You wouldn't happen to have the address to the park, would you? I've been searching online...

NCmountainwoman said...

Somehow I don't think Kona really care a lot about the shirt. The pictures say it all...just look at that face.