Friday, May 22, 2009

It was only the grammar that bothered me...ha!

I went to the grocery store this morning with G-Ma (my Mom)...we got our separate baskets, and went our own ways...which is a little routine of ours - I always have a ton more stuff to get than she does, and she winds up waiting for me in the deli area, and does a little "people watching" while she waits.

Sooo...I'm walking down an aisle, and in front of me I see an adorable little girl sitting in the cart talking with her obviously very pregnant Mommy. The little girl says something to Mommy, which I didn't hear, and Mommy answers with "Yes, honey, there is a baby in Mommy's tummy." How sweet! Right?

I amble up closer to them and see the adorable little girl point at me and say, "Mommy, is her's got a baby in her's tummy too?" Mommy turned to look at me, I smiled politely, both our faces turning bright red.

Um, yeah, thanks for that.

Made my day.

And here I thought I looked nice today. My little plaid shorts, fun yellow top, and cute sandals. Apparently I looked cute, and pregnant. How sweet...not.

My diet resumes tomorrow morning.

**photo courtesy of istockphoto.com**

8 comments:

Creative-Type Dad said...

My daughter has said that exact same thing to men.

There is no look that exists in this world that says "sorry."

Kelli said...

I have been asked if I was pregnant by an ADULT! I said no and she never said another word to me. LOL!

kks said...

honestly.....i feel the pain....you handled it with such grace! i would've slapped her....JUST KIDDING...:)...have a great holiday weekend...the "diet" can start tuesday!

Valerie Cummings said...

OMG!!!! I have been asked the same thing! Ugh! The torture! HUgs Valerie Joey and Kealani

Allison Walton said...

I teach elementary kids. I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me in the classroom. Awesome feeling!

Chris H said...

I have been 'presumed' pregnant on many many occassions.. it is very embarassing... at least it doesn't happen now!
I would just about kill myself if it every happened again.

Anonymous said...

Oh from the mouth of babes, right? I teach kindergarten and have had this happen to me a couple of times. Not cool. LOL

Travel girl said...

OMG.....