Friday, October 3, 2008

An awesome show!

Today we had the pleasure of seeing the Blue Angels - as they flew RIGHT. OVER. OUR. HOUSE! These pictures are from my back yard. Sweet! I didn't have to mess with the crowds on the base, the traffic, the porta-potties, the walk from the parking area...nuthin....(and I'm pretty sure they don't serve cocktails at the airshow...)

It was an awesome day here in America's finest city, and they don't call it that for no reason. It was a perfect late summer - early fall day here. Some high clouds in the sky, deep rich blue sky, and the pool water was in the mid 80's. Friends came over, our dogs swam til their hearts were content, and everyone is relaxed and happy....it doesn't get much better than that. Happy Friday!




Merrill & Harley came for a visit
Kona was not too thrilled with the loud planes flying over the house... Harley was pooped from the pool and a bath.

Jill couldn't care less about the noise.

6 comments:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

I saw them practicing from my office yesterday, but WOW - sure didn't get the close up's that you did!!! What shots! Remember the time we were all in your back yard, standing on the jungle gym thingy watching them?? That was a GREAT day!

Chris H said...

From your backyard! How amazing... and COOL! Dogs look so cute.

Valerie Cummings said...

Hey! I missed that whole thing?

Unknown said...

K & S - Yes! I do remember that, and remember when we used to watch fireworks from the jungle gym too! Those were really fun times. You need to move home now...I miss you!

Val - I knew you were leaving too early, but I bet the traffic would have been REALLY bad if you waited much longer. I was fun while you were here though!

Monika said...

Hehe how does Jill get under that low chair!?

Charlie said...

I miss the Blue Angels! We used to see them regularly in California.
- Anne