Friday, June 1, 2012

Juneau The Capitol of Alaska?

I am spoiled. I'll admit that 100%. I am a lucky, lucky girl. This year for Mother's Day we had a lovely day out with my Mom, spent all day and evening together, and thoroughly enjoyed each other's company. Then she came home, and booked a cruise to take me, Hubby, my brother and his wife on with her.

How. Cool. Is. That?

We'd been talking about going to Alaska on and off for years now, and even had some semi-strong plans earlier this year.  Things happen though, and it didn't look like we'd be able to make it this year.

What a fantastic surprise it was to find out that Mom (with the help of my brother) took care of all of the arrangements, including the air fair to Seattle, and we are all set to go. Needless to say, I am VERY excited! Now I've really got to figure out all of the ins and outs of my new camera.  I will be in photographer's heaven! Let the countdown begin!!

2 comments:

Chris H said...

You lucky, lucky tart! Talk about spoilt. *sniff*.... shame I can't come carry your bags for you.

How Sam Sees It said...

How exciting! We were looking at a job in Alaska - at Glacier Bay. We decided it was too remote if one of the dogs or horses needed vet car.

Have fun on your cruise!

Sam