Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Today

I will try not to stress about things I need to get done.
I will try not to think about all of the shopping I have yet to do.
I will try not to think about the unwrapped gifts I have tucked away here and there.
I will try to enjoy myself.
I will try to relax.
I will try not to think about unanswered emails waiting for me.
I will try not to think about the dogs left at home all day waiting for me.
I will try to push the hustle and bustle of this time of year out of my head, just for the day.
I will try really hard to turn off my brain.
I will try.
It is, after all, my day for a change.
Happy Birthday to me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I wish you the happiest of all birthdays, and not to worry, I got the dogs, dinner is covered, chores are done, I'll cover the rest of the Xmas shopping today for our group, I can rap I mean wrap them too, Just enjoy your day! Happy Birthday XoXoXo Hubby

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!!
Have a wonderful day!!

Meeka said...

Happy, happy birthday.
Wishing you happiness and joy today and always.

Chris H said...

Awwwwww isn't Hubby just lovely!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sue, I hope you have had a wonderful, stressfree day... and a lovely dinner.

Curt Rogers said...

Happy birthday, Sue! I hope every one of your wishes came true. You do deserve it!