Saturday, December 11, 2010

From Fluff-ball to FABULOUS!

My pups have been LONG overdue for a trip to the groomer, but with four of them it runs me about $200, and with Hubby having been out of a job for a while, we didn't have a spare $200 laying around. Well, now that that situations has changed, we are able to start getting things back on track a bit, and I was finally able to take them in.


Jill is, by far, always the worst of the bunch. She's got the double under-coat, or whatever they call it that makes her extra fluffy. And extra matty. Fun! This is what she looked like Wednesday afternoon. Check out her neck! And talk about a fluffy foot! Sheesh! What a mess! (No only her foot, but that grout of mine! Eeew!)
Anyway, Wednesday night I spent over an hour brushing them all out, getting a couple of mattes out from under armpits, etc., and getting them prepped for the groomer. I know they do all of that at the groomer, but I wanted to take my time, and be gentle with them...and to be honest, it relaxes me to brush them. Apparently, I need to do it a LOT more often! Look at the load of fur I got off of them! (I put the $1 bill in the picture to give a little perspective of how big the mound of fur really was.)

They spent the morning at the groomer on Thursday and came home looking FABULOUS! I was VERY happy with how they looked and smelled, and it was worth every penny!
Kona was so happy, he didn't know if he was coming or going! (This picture just cracked me up..."Hello, Kona? Anyone home?")
Jill just looks like she feels better!
Strike a pose Jill!
"All of this grooming stuff wore me out...I'm so tired I can't keep my eyes open!"
If you are in the San Diego area, and are looking for a good groomer, especially for Goldens, I highly recommend Pawfection! They certainly treat my pups right!

4 comments:

kks said...

they look wonderful! i was just thinking the same that my dogs need to get in...i brought a clipper from work and trimmed little Nelli and the mattes behind the goldens ears...
i love the pic of the dogs looking....i can just imagine how nice they smell and how soft their fur is....
we are currently in the throws of a huge snow event! love it, fortunately i don't have to be anywhere today!

Anonymous said...

Your Golden's are so cute! One of them looks quite a bit like a sweet guy we lost two years ago to cancer. You don't by chance have any "Windsong Goldens" do you? I recently stumbled upon your blog and I'm enjoying it! Our boy, Tucker, could really use a groom, too!

Anonymous said...

They look awesome! :-)

Valerie Cummings said...

They look great!!! I love the last one of Kona!!!! Super cute!!! Hugs, Val, Joey and Kealani