Sunday, December 5, 2010

La Jolla Christmas Parade!

We had a great time this afternoon at the La Jolla Christmas Parade. This is the 6th year in a row our Golden Meetup Group has participated. Kona was ready! AJ is such a huge help at these events, and rarely, if ever, complains.

Unfortunately, Hubby had to leave early this morning on a business trip to Minneapolis. Bummer! With my knee still giving me trouble, I decided that taking all 4 pups might be a bit too much for me, so we decided to only bring Harley and Kona. They are the easiest going of the pack, and least "needy" of my gaggle. (Jack will bark incessantly if I don't give him all of my attention sometimes, and Jill gets a little "nippy" when she is stressed around too many other dogs - especially on leash.) So, Harley and Kona were the chosen ones today.

They were both great, and perfectly mannered!


We had a nice sized group show up today. Next week there is an even bigger parade we'll be walking in, and I hope to have even more members and their pups participate. I think we had about 45 members and their dogs take part today. All in all, there were over 160 parade entries!

I managed to gather most of the members at the end of the parade for a quick group picture.

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Awww they are both adorable... but I do feel sorry for Jack... he's THE MAN in my eyes!

Sierra Rose said...

What a fun time! Great pix :)

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

Unknown said...

That is so cool that yall participate in the parade - looks like fun!
I love the festive collar wear - very cute!