Thursday, November 27, 2008

So Very Thankful

On this chilly Thanksgiving Day I wanted to take a couple of moments to really think about the things I am most thankful for. This year, there are so very, very many things I can think of, so I will list only 10, rather than listing each and every one.

  1. I am so very thankful for the health of my parents.

  2. I am so very thankful for my loving Hubby and beautiful children.

  3. I am incredibly thankful that in this tough economy Hubby was able to find an excellent new job, after having lost his at the end of September.

  4. I am thankful for my old friends, who continue to shower me with love and support when I most need it.

  5. I am thankful for the new friends I have made this year, those that have begun to weave themselves into the fabric of my world and make my life richer.

  6. I am thankful for the generosity and kindness of strangers, that was so evident to me during this past weekend at the 3 Day Walk.

  7. I am thankful for the opportunities I have to help other people, whether it be to offer them support, a place to come for comfort or relaxation, or whatever they need.

  8. I am thankful that my children are learning the importance of helping others.

  9. I am thankful for my constant companions, my dogs. My life is so full of laughter and unconditional love (and fur) because of them. They have truly enriched my life.

  10. Lastly, I am thankful that I don't have to cook today. My Mom is cooking our Thanksgiving Feast today, and a feast it will be. Best part is that they live only 2 miles away, and even though I don't have to cook, we'll have left-overs for later. Who can knock that!
I hope this day finds you happy, and hopeful for a wonderful holiday season. Happy, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Harley is thankful for a warm place to take a long, winter nap...

2 comments:

Thor and Jack said...

Hi Sue, Jack, Jill and Kona!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Love and licks
Thor

Chris H said...

Lovely list Sue! Happy Thanksgiving!