Monday, November 24, 2008

The 3 Day is DONE!

WE DID IT! Our team, "60 Miles for our Melons" finished! The 2008 San Diego Susan G. Komen 3 Day 60 Mile Breast Cancer Walk is history. Shirley and I walked EVERY. SINGLE. STEP! Bear had to take a couple of very short breaks due to some super nasty blisters, (her blisters had blisters - how nasty is that!?!) But we all stepped across the finish line together, arm in arm. IT. WAS. INCREDIBLE! Throngs of supporters, deafening applause, and cheering...if that doesn't make you feel like a rock star, nothing will.

The experience this year was fantastic! Overwhelming to say the least. I've got tons of pictures that I've got to go through, and then I'll post a slide show. I want to share as many images from this as I can. It truly was a life changing event. Something I will remember for the rest of my life.


Huge thanks to all of my family and friends that gave up part of or all of the last 3 days to support our team. Without your love and support we could not have gotten through it. You are appreciated more than words can say. We love you all!

Here are just a couple of my favorite pictures from yesterday. I'll post more as soon as I can.

This gentleman was having the time of his life!


Our support crew - the "Melon Patch" - they were the BEST!

Finally at the finish line with our Moms!
Day 3 - DONE!
We've dumped the walking shoes for the slippers.

4 comments:

Chris H said...

TOTALLY AWESOME, CONGRATULATIONS for doing it! Love the slippers.

Tami said...

I love the gentleman! How cute! Slippers are adorable too!

Valerie Cummings said...

Congratulations Sue! I am so proud of you! I love the picture of your moms! And the fuzzy slippers!

Monika said...

Congratulations Sue, what a tremendous achievement!