Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day Fun


I'm hoping all of you Mom's out there had as much fun on Mother's Day as I had. We started off the day with a lovely brunch with my parents. (Actually, now that I think about it, my Mother's Day started off on Friday night as I came home from a long day at Magic Mountain to find not one, but two beautiful bouquets of flowers waiting for me - one from my wonderful hubby, and the other from the kids.) That was a great kick-off to the weekend. As mentioned, we had a wonderful brunch at one of my favorite places in a little village that we used to live in, called Carlsbad. The restaurant used to be called Nieman's, and we held our wedding reception there many, many moons ago. The name has since been changed to The Ocean House, but the decor is still the same, and the food is still as yummy. Especially the fried chicken, and the "gold-rush" mashed potatoes - oh, my mouth waters at the thought! I was also spoiled by more flowers, spa gift cards, among other sweet gifts, and a full day of fun. One of my favorite moments of the day was in between when we came home from brunch and then left the house again. For a few brief moments, as I was in the back of the house, on my bed, taking just a moment's siesta....I was suddenly joined by not only all 3 kids, but all 3 of my fur babies. Now, I do have a king sized bed, but with 4 people and 3 dogs, it was pretty darn crowded! It was fun though, as we all wiggled and giggled together. Thankfully Hubby grabbed the camera, and got a shot of us all. Not the best picture, but I hope it shows the fun.

Flowers, flowers and more flowers!
May 11th was also special because our youngest family member, Kona, turned 6 months old! My, how time flys!

1 comment:

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh what a great family portrait!