Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcome to My World!

So...whatcha been up to?

Me? Ah, not's been a slow week. Ha! Who am I kidding?

Tuesday morning started off before the crack of dawn as I had to drop Hubby off at the airport. He was heading off to Minnesota for a work trip. Fun, fun. I came home, and got going on emails, and started organizing a get together I'm planning for tomorrow night. I decided to treat myself to a movie for a change as I figured it was my only day to do that for the foreseeable future. I saw Bridesmaids. It was cute. It was funny. It was raunchy. It wasn't the best movie I'd ever seen, but it was fun, and that's what I wanted. Pickle and I got our nails done in the afternoon and I took AJ to dinner - just the two of us, since both girls were busy. It was a pretty pleasant day.

Wednesday was spent waiting for the Sears guy to come and repair the dryer. Pickle thought it would be a great idea to cram two months worth of laundry into one HUGE load a bit too much into one load, and it broke the belt. Nice. Just what I needed. The guy showed up at 10am and was surprisingly very pleasant, although a bit slow with the fix. He was also petrified of dogs. When he walked up to the door and the dogs barked, I thought he was going to faint. I explained that I'd "put them away" - meaning I'd block them off in "puppy jail" behind the kitchen chairs, and that it was safe for him to come in. He explained that he'd been bit, TWICE before on service calls, and was very scared of dogs. I can't say I blame him.

After finally getting everything fixed, he was on his way, and I was on the laundry warpath. Lets just say I had several loads to catch up on, and unlike some people, I don't over fill the loads. By the end of the day, I was all caught up and feeling a little relief from that. It's always a good feeling to have empty hampers and full drawers of socks and undies, among other things!

Thursday was crazy! I had committed my Love on a Leash chapter to take part in a health fair.
We had 2 time slots to fill and 7 teams that signed up. No problem, right? Well, one small problem. We were participating with another therapy organization, and I wasn't exactly sure how that was going to go. Kona and I were going to be there for the second shift, but I thought it'd be a good idea to get there early, be sure our teams knew where to go, etc. I got there shortly before it started, and all was well EXCEPT I hadn't really thought about bringing any literature for our group. It wouldn't have been a big deal, I mean the people there were really interested in seeing the dogs, after all, but the other organization have a lovely display of poster boards, pictures, handouts, etc. about feeling inept! I decided I simply had to do something about my over site, so I took off, went to the nearest store, bought poster board, construction paper, and glue, and boogied home.

In about an hour and a half, I printed out handouts, made a nice poster board for display, and managed to get back to the health fair. Whew! Talk about running around like a chicken with my head cut off! I won't let that happen again!

After the health fair ended, I came home, dropped off Kona, picked up my camera and headed to watch AJ's last "official" high school varsity Baseball game.

Because of my crazy schedule, I hadn't been to one of his games in a long time, and I must say, I thoroughly enjoyed it. He batted 3 for 5, had 4 RBI's and his team one, 23 to 5. It was a nice way to finish up the season. From there we went out for a Boll Weevil burger, and came home to watch an episode of "Dr. Who." The kids (and Hubby) have been bugging me to start watching that show with them, so every evening this week we've been watching one if not more episodes.

Today was a bit of a marathon day. I got rolling nice and early, because today was the day I needed to go and get all of the supplies for our (the Golden Retriever Meetup Group) big "Movie Night" event tomorrow night. We have 157 people RSVP'd for our Dog Friendly movie event! We will be watching a movie, having hot dogs, nachos, popcorn, candy, soda, hot cocoa, etc., and I had to pick up all of the stuff. I had a list a mile long, and knocked it all out this morning. I am really looking forward to this event. We did this about a year and a half ago and it was a HUGE hit with the group. Granted, it's a lot of work, but it's a ton of fun, and totally worth it. We are holding the event at a place called Party Pals, which is owned by one of our group members. Party Pals is a facility where they hold corporate events, grad nights, etc. It's also completely fenced in, and our dogs can be offleash. We will have tired, happy pups at this time tomorrow night.

After all of the shopping was done, Kona and I visited the VA hospital, and then headed to watch a bit of the Varsity vs JV baseball game that AJ was playing in. We didn't see much before we had to leave the field, and head to the airport to pick up Hubby. His plane landed at 5pm, we came home, dropped off Kona, changed clothes, and went to meet up with a group of friends that we had planned to go to dinner with.

After dinner, we came home, I jumped on the computer, and Hubby crashed on the couch. I can hear him snoring contently from here....

I'm looking forward to the movie get together tomorrow but before that Kona and I will have a very busy day. We will be participating in the "Celebration of Champions". According to their web site "This event celebrates the heroic efforts of children with cancer, and of their families and health care professionals." We've never participated in this event before, but I hear it is awesome. We need to be downtown by about 8am, and will stay for a couple of hours.

After the Celebration of Champions we have a new facility that we are starting for my Love on a Leash chapter. We'll be meeting with another team at 1pm to visit with 12 senior citizens at an inpatient facility. I expect that visit to last about an hour, and then we'll be heading home, taking a short break to recharge, and then loading up the car and heading to the movie event.

I'm tired just thinking about all of that. Seriously.

1 comment:

Sam said...

My dad showed me once how to replace the belts, which came in handy when hubby put something in the dryer that shouldn't have been (and it was nice to be able to showcase my dryer repair skills! :D). My Mom still has the original dryer that they bought in 1961 when they got married - the thing runs amazingly well!