Friday, February 25, 2011

"Healing Paws"

Kona and I, along with some of our wonderful therapy team friends, Tom & Wilson, and Kelli & Bella took part in a segment a local news station was doing on therapy dogs. The station is doing a series on "Healing Paws" and we were part three of the five part series. Other segments revolve around service dogs, facility dogs, and other types of animals that help people in our community.

If you are interested in seeing the other parts of this series, please visit www.kusi.com and search "Healing Paws" in their search bar.

Needless to say, once again, I was very proud of my boy.

8 comments:

Chris H said...

You should be proud of Kona... AND YOURSELF girl! You do a lot too ya know!

ann said...

Well done, Sue and Kona!

Unknown said...

Incredibly inspiring to me! I didn't realize why you started doing this.
Blue would be a great candidate for this type of work too. I keep saying it, one of these days I need to do it!

Unknown said...

Amazingly inspiring video! I think it's incredible that you all do this a couple times a week! Didn't realize why you started this 10 years ago! I think Blue would be a perfect candidate for this. I keep saying that, but haven't done a thing about it. Bad me!

Valerie Cummings said...

AWEEE I have a tear in my eyes!!!! I think what you do for the veterans is so wonderful and Kona is such a superstar!!! Like YOU! MY FRIEND! Love, Valerie

Harry said...

Hi Sue,

What a great video, thank you for sharing it. Dena would be so proud of what you and Kona do for the veterans. She always wanted to try to get Harry to complete his training to be a therapy dog. This is inspirational and thank you.

Love,
Robert and Harry

Carolyn Taylor said...

You are amazing. I am so honored to know you.

Unknown said...

Brought tears to my eyes. I remember when John's dad was in the VA and you took time to go visit him and how he LOVED the visit. You are an amazing woman. We are blessed to know you.