Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Canine Cancer Walk Coverage!

This coming Saturday my Golden group will be participating in the first annual San Diego Canine Cancer Cure Walk. We have our own walking team, and so far have raised just about a thousand dollars benefiting Morris Animal Foundation's Canine Cancer Campaign. (Did you know that one out of four dogs over the age of two pass away due to cancer?)

This morning we were invited to take part in some live news segments being shot for a local station. Not wanting to have to bathe all 4 dogs by myself (which I wound up doing later anyway) I only brought Kona. Four dogs on the beach by myself at 7:30am was just a little more than I was willing to try to handle this morning. I put the word out to the group, and we had over 20 Goldens in attendance. What a great showing! We got lots of coverage on the news, and it was all for a very worthy cause. Kona had a blast running and playing with the other dogs, and the cold water didn't seem to bother him at all.

Here is a compilation of all of the segments from the hour that we were out there. Kona was really hamming it up for a minute - from the 6:35 mark to about 7:20. That's my boy!

Big thanks to Chopper the Biker Dog and his Dad Mark for letting us share their YouTube video.


Once all of the video taping was done, Kona got what he'd been waiting for - more time to play!



If you'd like to support the San Diego Golden Retriever Meetup Group Walk Team in our efforts to raise money to help end Canine Cancer, please feel free to make a donation by following this link. S.D. Golden Retriever Meetup Walk Team

2 comments:

kks said...

Kona is the star! such a nice video, great coverage on the event! so glad the Kona man got to swim!! Sue, you amaze me by your drive and commitment for volunteering, and fund raising! an inspiration!!
xoxox

Chris H said...

I hope the cancer walk goes well.
Our first goldy Shevey got cancer growths on her head. It wasn't nice for her or us.