Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Back in time

Saturday, Sunday, and Monday were gone in the blink of an eye! With my Mom out of town visiting my brother and his family in Texas, my calendar full with therapy visits and gold parties, and spending time with my Dad. I feel like I went to bed Friday night, closed my eyes for a second and woke up this morning with the 3 day weekend gone!

Whew! Where did it all go? Let's see... If I could go back in time, I would show you the Canine Cancer Walk that my Golden Retriever Meetup Group participated it. It had been raining all week up until Saturday morning, when the walk took place. I had helped to organize the team, and rally the troops, but because of prior commitments, I couldn't actually do the walk myself - I made a donation and participated as a "virtual" walker instead. I was tickled to see so many of our members did show up though, and our team raised an incredible $3440. Thank you to all of you who donated - Golden owners or not, you all have golden hearts. (xoxo to you Doug!)

Our Saturday was filled with work, fun with Dad, and some quality family and dog time. I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned that my Pops is a card shark, but let me tell you, he plays a mean game of cribbage, spades, and Up the River-Down the River, to name a few. We had a fun evening and a lot of laughs.

Sunday was twice as busy as Saturday. I had a HUGE party that I worked, my biggest one ever, and it was awesome. From that party I went straight to another one, and in between them I was bidding on an ebay item I wanted for Halloween. The item closed at 6pm, so while I was working my second party, I had Hubby checking my bids, and sure enough, I won it. YAY! It was a large item that will be super cool for our party. I am so excited that I had the winning bid! I got a kick-butt deal on it too. The only thing about it is that the item was too large to ship, so we needed to go and pick it up. It was located in West Covina, about 110 miles north.


So...guess what we did yesterday! Thank goodness Hubby was off for the President's Day holiday. I got ahold of the seller, found out what time he was available for us to come by his house, plugged his address into the GPS, and off we went. What a fun little adventure. We got to the gentleman's very swank house, and waited for him to get there. (We were a few minutes early.) Once he got there, he welcomed us in, and I drooled looked around a bit, while he got our item. It was exactly what I wanted, and looked even cooler in real life than in the pictures. I'd already paid for it via paypal, so I didn't have to worry about that, so we chatted for a minute and I told him what we would be using it for. He got a kick out of our idea, and then told me about a couple of other items he had that we might be interested in. He showed us the other items, and OF COURSE I was interested, he had awesome stuff, and exactly the kind of items I've been searching for. Then I got nervous curious about the prices...I mean seriously, these were some really nice things. Big, heavy stuff, almost like you'd find in a museum. He pointed to the first one, and he said, "If you like that, I'll give it to you for $10." WOW! Needless to say, I bought all of the other items he showed me, and I felt almost like I'd hit the lotto. SWEEEET! What a great way to really kick off my Halloween prop hunting.

As you know, the theme of my party this year will revolve around Egypt. (I picked the theme long before the revolt, and all of the problems they've been having over there.) I don't want to give out too many of my secrets, but I'll share just a few little tidbits of my newly found treasures.
The pups are none too happy about our new residents. Jill-trying to protect the world - or so she thinks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Halloween stuff looks pretty awesome!! :)