Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!

We rung in the new year with a quiet toast...
 some time with family (Mom was here earlier, but headed home at about 10pm...)
 
 watching the ball drop...
 and the San Diego version of a polar bear plunge. Only AJ and I were brave (or stupid) enough to do it.
 The water was a chilly 50F, and we didn't stay in it long.
 Thankfully the jacuzzi was a toasty 101F and we thawed out quickly.
 
I found this a couple of weeks ago on someones FB I think, and it really struck a cord with me. I love this idea, and I am going to do it for sure. Why not join me?  After the year I had in 2012 it would have been nice to have been reminded of some of the nicer things that happened. Unfortunately, I will not look back at 2012 with fond memories. I was glad to see it go...and I hope for a happier year this time around.
I have a few resolutions this year...as I always do, but I won't be sharing them with anyone. That way, if they don't come to fruition, I won't have embarrassed myself. I'll hold myself accountable, and that's enough for me.

I wish you, and all of the important people in your life a health, happy new year. Let's all keep our fingers crossed, shall we?

No comments: