Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pleasant Surprises and Gratitude


 Over the course of the last couple of days, I have received some of the very nicest surprises. I have received compliments too numerous to count regarding the reunion - some of which were verbal, and some of which came in the form of very heartfelt emails and personal notes. I received a very nice "goody" bag of delightful items from some of my classmates - items all of which I enjoy very much! Thank you Sherry, Jenny, Linda, Lori and Kathy!  (You'll notice by the time I took this picture most of the peanut brittle was gone!)
On Friday night, while at our "multi-year mixer" I received a beautiful bouquet of flowers, white carnations and blue roses, from my friend Sandy, to thank me for my work on the reunion. It was unnecessary, but very much appreciated.

Yesterday and today, I was surprised with packages being delivered. Who doesn't love something fun coming in the mail?  Yesterday a FedEx box came with all sorts of goodies from my boss. (Have I mentioned lately how much I love working for him? Yes? Well, just in case I haven't, let me mention it again! He is the BEST!)  Recently I qualified for another of his fantastic incentive trips. This one happens to be a "stay-cation" for me, but not for the others who will be joining from the mid-west. In my goodie box came a San Diego beach towel, a San Diego beach bag, a frig magnet, a post card, (my boss also happens to have a wicked sense of humor that I love - my postcard was black on the front and said "San Diego at Night" - on the reverse side in his handwriting it said, "you already know what it looks like during the day") and a brochure with all of the details of the L'Auberge Del Mar, the resort where we will be staying for our trip. I. AM. SO. EXCITED! This is a gorgeous resort, and we will be enjoying a complimentary spa treatment, a limo tour of our nearby wine country, fabulous meals, and plenty of pampering.

My other delivery, the one that came today, was just as unexpected! I received some gorgeous roses from my dearest "boy"friend, Doug. I was gobsmacked (thank you Chris H., for that term, I love it!) Such a wonderful surprise and beautiful gesture. 
I feel so blessed to be surrounded by people who have such kind and generous hearts. The positivity that I have felt over the last week has been overwhelming and has helped to lift my spirits and refresh my soul.

Thank you ALL who have reached out to me with a kind word, call, or note. I can't tell you how much it means to me, I really can't, suffice it to say, that you mean the world to me.

No comments: