Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Honored

Today Kona and I were honored to join several hundred other VA volunteers at the annual Volunteer Awards Recognition Ceremony and Luncheon. This year the luncheon had an Old West theme so Kona and I got dressed in our best Western attire (which isn't saying much)and headed out.

We enjoyed lunch and the festivities before the awards and recognition pins were handed out. Kona and his buddy Bella were very well behaved for the 2 1/2 hour long event.
I was tickled pink to receive a pin for my 300+ hours of volunteer work I've done at the VA. I think that part of the reason I enjoy volunteering so much, and particularly at the VA is because it was always something near and dear to my Dad's heart too. Giving back, especially to Vets who have given so much, just makes you feel good.


1 comment:

Chris H said...

You and Kona deserve the award Chick.
Well done.