Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Walk with Purpose

Our Golden Retriever Meetup group participates in quite a few of the dog-friendly community events here in the San Diego area. Last Sunday, we walked in the Escondido Humane Society's annual "Paws in the Park" event. We had a relatively small group walking this year, but still managed to donate a nice chunk of change. It was a fun, early morning walk, and the pups certainly enjoyed being out and about with all of their cousins!

Hubby was a great sport about getting up at the crack of dawn and getting the 4 pups ready to be at the event before 8am!
The boys were ready to walk!
And (finally) we were off and walking!
The sidewalk wasn't quite wide enough for all of those paws!
A tight-knit little family.
One, two, three, four,....five? Hey! That's one too many! Our buddy Deven wanted to be part of our pack.
These well behaved fellows walked themselves!

5 comments:

♥I am Holly♥ said...

How wonderful!! If I lived closer to you, I'd want to join in even with a cast and boot on my foot. I love the dogs so much!!! They are simply gorgeous!! Love, Debbie and Holly

Meeka said...

Bummer, I couldn't join you. Weekend is when I sleep in.

Elizabeth Bergesen said...

What a cool event!!!

Elizabeth & Luna

Monika said...

Hi Sue!
Hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Easter xx

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

I want to see Hubby's eyes under those sunglasses!! Way to go Hubby (and of course Sue and the crew!!!)!