Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Week in Review - Whew!

It was a busy one....

Sunday - the Ugly Dog contest in Del Mar...no, none of our dogs were entered...

This is Rina, she is the "sister" to one of the Goldens in our Meetup group. She won the "Best St. Patrick's Day Costume" contest. Her Mom, Judy, has an incredible imagination and comes up with the coolest stuff!

There were lots of dressed up pooches.
This little "Rascal" was in good running for the "Ugliest Dog" contest, and his Poppa was tickled pink!
There were a LOT of people there....
And dogs of every size, shape at color, from our therapy dog friend "Wilson" who weighs in at a whopping 204 lbs....
to this little one who was only about 3 lbs.
Monday - after my regular visit to the VA with Kona for pet therapy, I had my first Gold Party of the week. "What is a Gold Party?" you ask...observe...




A few months ago I became a rep for this company, and to put it mildly, I LOVE it! It's fun, it's exciting, the pay is great, and I love my boss. How many people can say that? If you live in San Diego and are interested in hosting your own gold party, email me! (Nothing like a shameless little plug!) Business is booming, and I've got over 20 parties booked for the next couple of weeks. So, if you ever wonder why I haven't been keeping up on my blog as well as I should be, I'm probably out making some moola. Momma wants a new couch!

Tuesday - I spent the good part of the morning in court. No, silly, I'm not in trouble! Remember back in Sept. when my friend was killed in a motorcycle accident? Well, the justice system sometimes drags it's feet, and the person who killed him still is waiting to find out what her fate will be. There have been hearings, and meetings, etc., and nothing has happened yet. Each time there is something going on regarding the case, my friend's wife asks people to come and show their support for Mark. I've been there every time, and although I'm not doing anything but sitting with the others, it makes me feel good to be there. I can only imagine what his poor wife has been going through, and I'm glad to be able to lend whatever support I can. She certainly deserves it.

After court, it was time for something relaxing, so the pups and I hit the park for a while.

Something smelled either really good, or really bad over there!

Look at that fluffy butt! Someone needs a bath and a haircut!
Nothing like a little game of "follow the leader" at the park!
Wednesday - Kona and I visit hospice, and some other patients at the VA. It turns out to be an exceptionally nice visit. Afterwards, I get the chance to visit with some of my friends who recently had a baby. It's been a long time since I've held a precious little one this small!
Thursday- I get a note from a friend of a friend that is trying to find a new home for her Golden, Dexter. Dexter's family lost their home, and were in a situation where they could no longer keep him. I was able to get the word out to my Golden group and am in the process of getting him a new home. I wish it was that easy for every dog in need of a new forever home.
Thursday evening (after my second gold party of the week) we are invited to Mom and Dad's for a special lobster dinner. There wasn't a special reason, but the dinner sure was special! They had live lobsters flown in from Maine. Talk about awesome!
Ready to dig in!
sorry little guy....
they actually send instructions on how to eat these!

Friday - Kona and I headed back to the VA for our regular Friday visit. I came home to find that I've received two very generous donations to my 3 Day Breast Cancer walk fund. I was, in the words of my friend Chris, gabsmacked. What a wonderful surprise! I have been able to raise $630 so far! I am trying to raise a total of $2,500, and need to have a minimum of $2,300 to participate. I have until Nov. to raise the money, but I am hoping to be finished a lot sooner than that. If you have any interest in making a donation, even a small one, please see the link on my side bar.

We spent Friday evening at a friend's house enjoying a wonderful dinner that I thoroughly appreciated not having to make....and playing a card game. Good times, good times.

Saturday started off with dog grooming. Not my favorite thing to do, but it needed to be done. Four Goldens = a TON of fur! We filled a large garbage can 1/2 way with fur! WOW!We finished off Saturday with a meetup by the bay with some of our golden friends. It was a lovely evening, and we all enjoyed it!
Today started off with my third and final gold party of the week, and finished up with some final touches on the dog grooming, and all four pups getting baths. Kona and I have four therapy visits on our calendar this coming week, and I have 6 gold parties between now and next Sunday!

It's going to be "golden" week all around! I hope you have a good one too!

4 comments:

kks said...

wow, you are a busy girl!!! and in such wonderful ways...by helping others....
i'm finally getting the dogs groomed next week...they look like woolly mammoths...
the gold party sounds like a lucrative gig...
you go girl!
xoxo

The Musketeers said...

Wow what a week for you guys ! Mmm.. Lobsters !!!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

I'd say you had a very busy week! Love, Debbie and Holly

Valerie Cummings said...

You are the busiest person I know!!! Looks like a great week! Hmmm lobster........ Love Valerie