Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Talented Vets

Last week Kona and I had the pleasure of being invited to attend an Art Show at the VA hospital. We, along with two other therapy teams, were asked to walk around and mingle with the guests and the veterans that were there displaying their art. We had a wonderful time, and were thoroughly inspired by the incredible art that these veterans created.

A porcelain chess set which took over a year to paint.
An incredibly detailed dragon

Hand stamped personalized leather saddle bags.
An incredilbly lifelike oil painting
A self portrait in pencil
The three therapy dogs taking a break. left to right - Wilson, Kona and Happy
A paint by numbers oil painting.
Porcelain praying hands.
A Nativity scene.
Kona's personal favorite...a picture of a pond!
I'm an artist at heart, and one of these days I'll pick up my paint brushes again...don't hold your breath though! Here is a sample of something I painted a LONG time ago....

6 comments:

Valerie Cummings said...

Oh those items were awesome! Yes, I would love to see more of your paintings!!! Kona looks so cute!!! Love, Joey and Kealani

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Woof! Woof! LOVELY photos you took. It's wonderful to be a Therapy Dog ... Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

Sierra Rose said...

What beautiful pieces! And, sweet faces of some very special pals!

Hugs and snaggle-tooth kisses,
Sierra Rose

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Wow!! What an incredible show of artwork and talent from you and the Veterans!

♥I am Holly♥ said...

What gorgeous items!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us. You definitely are an artist and I would love to see more of your paintings! Love, Debbie and Holly PS: Kona is so beautiful..I think I've said that about 100 times so far. I cant' get enough of your dogs!

Chris H said...

OOO You have hidden talents!