Monday, July 13, 2009

A - Z Mondays - Z is for Zip line

A quick explanation - I've decided to participate in a fun little blogging game, called A-Z Mondays. Each Monday I will blog or post a picture(s) about a specific letter. I'm joining this game exactly half way through, as the original game started with A and made it's way through 26 weeks of letters. Today, being the 27th week, we begin going backwards.

I thank my wonderful blogging buddy over at
KBL2ORD2SAN2LUV for introducing me to this fun game, and inspiring me to join. I also thank Jen over at http://unglazed.blogspot.com/ for coming up with this great idea, and allowing me to join in the fun.

So, without further ado, my first A-Z (or rather, in this case Z-A) post.

Z is for Zip line
In November of 2007 my entire family went on an Hawaiian cruise to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary. While we were there, we decided to zip line. It was, by far, one of the funnest things we've ever done. Here are AJ, Bear, Hubby and Pickle all suited up and ready to go.
Hubby, who isn't a fan of heights, took the first step...
In addition to the actual zip line, there were a couple of wicked rope bridges for us to cross. Here I go!
Pickle felt like she was flying!
Bear loved it too.
We were up about 80 feet. Yikes!
Another of those "fun" rope bridges.
I was SO thankful to get to the other side!
It was a breeze for AJ!
Our zip lining group, from left to right - My awesome sister in law, my nephew, me, AJ, Bear, Pickle, my brother, Hubby, and on the far right, one of the instructors.
If you'd like to see what others in bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays....be sure to go over to Jen's blog at http://unglazed.blogspot.com/ - she has a whole list of other bloggers participating!

Also, if you'd like to join along, all you have to do is go to Jen's blog and let her know you're playing .

9 comments:

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

THAT is an awesome blog game, and I'm sure will bring back lots of great memories! How cool!!!

I have to admit that we chickened out on the zip line thing, but have a new respect for anybody willing to try it!

Valerie Cummings said...

Um NO THANK YOU! Oh I got dizzy just looking at the pictures!! Kudos to you sister!!!! Hugs JOey and Kealani

Ben said...

Gad ZOOKS!
Quite a lot of Zip in that Zip line!
Welcome to Z-A!

Najia said...

The Zipline is fabulous, but I'm so IMPRESSED with the rope walk!!! That looks waaayyyyyyyyyyy harder and scarier.

Great pictures Sue! Welcome to Z-A Mondays! I'm so glad you decided to hop on board. :-)

Busy Bee Suz said...

Welcome Sue!!
I love all your zip line pictures...so proud that YOUR MOM did this too.
Last week, I posted about our zip line experience in Costa rica. It is a blast, glad you were able to experience this also with your family!
Suz

Unknown said...

Great Z word. I want to fly across the jungle on a zip line one day.

Cassie said...

What a courageous group you were! You look like you had a Zipity-doo-dah good time!!
Welcome to A to Z Mondays. Just love your Goldens!

Jen said...

Yeah! Great Z!
If I had to do that to get another chance to go to Hawaii I would do it! :)
Again welcome to A-Z!

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

Wow, that looks like so much fun!