Friday, July 24, 2009

Saying goodbye to our friend Sammy

My heart is heavy. A good friend of mine, and assistant organizer for our Golden Retriever Meetup group, Jessica, is having to say goodbye to one of her Goldens today. Sammy is a young dog of 5, an agility champion, and all around awesome sports dog. Last month he was diagnosed with an inoperable brain tumor. He didn't respond to medication and was deteriorating quickly. Jessica and her husband have decided it's time to say goodbye to this beautiful boy. I wanted to share this video compilation she made of Sammy late last year. Hug your babies extra tight today.

8 comments:

NCmountainwoman said...

My heart goes out to anyone who has to say goodbye to a dear friend. Especially at such a young age.

kks said...

Sammy obviously lived life to the fullest....what a long-legged, red beauty!
I hope your friends have peace in their heart knowing that they did the best for Sammy, and he didn't have to suffer....so young, so sad....those damn tumors...
xo

Farley's Mom said...

We are so sorry for Jessica, Sammy and all of you who loved him. I cannot imagine how hard it is to lose a friend so young. Take care :(

ThePainterPack said...

So sorry for your friend's loss. Please know, I am hugging my babies extra hard..in honor of Sammy.

Painter Pack

Chris H said...

Oh that is just so sad. Poor dog, and his family.

Adam said...

Please give Jessica my condolences. Goldens are truly special friends. Posts like these are never easy to read, but they are important to read. They serve as a great reminder of what is really important in life.

Najia said...

Oh no! Sammy, beautiful Sammy. I'm so very sorry to read this. We all love dogs and know how painful this will be for Sammy's mama. My prayers are with her, and of course, with Sammy, for a peaceful time. All my love to them. I'm so sorry.

Jessica said...

Thank you so much Sue. I miss Sammy so much!