Friday, January 13, 2012

Time to Rest

Today was the day we laid my Dad to rest. It's been a very, very long day indeed. The last time I slept was Wednesday night, and that was only for about 3 hours. Last night I didn't even bother to try to sleep. My mind was wrapped up in the events that would take place today.

I'll share more in the next day or two, I have some stories to share that have brought smiles to my face, and of course others that have brought tears to my eyes. It's been that kind of a week.

For now I just wanted to share a few images of today with you. Thank you to Heidi, Shirley, and Bobbi for sharing these with me so I could share them with you. All in all, it was a beautiful, perfect day.




7 comments:

Curt Rogers said...

What a beautiful resting spot, Sue.

You have been in my thoughts constantly. I hope you're able to get some rest and find comfort in the wonderful memories your father spent a lifetime creating within you.

Valerie Cummings said...

I cant believe what a beautiful service it was and how gorgeous of a day it was! I will certainly miss your dad but I think he is already watching down over you with as much love as you have for him. What a nice letter you wrote about him it really touched my heart. It was hard to hold back my tears. I love you Sue Hugs, Valerie

Chris H said...

What a gorgeous day for a funeral. I am glad that step is behind you now and you can start to move forward... and hopefully get some sleep.
I hope your extended family are doing OK too.
{{{BIG HUG}}}

ann said...

Sue,
I'm saying prayers for all of you in this tough time.
Love the shooting star story!
Ann

The Life of Riley said...

Blue skies and sunshine for your dad. It is good to know that the day went how you wanted it to.

We are still thinking of you and sending you love from NZ,
Riley (and his mum)

Denise said...

Dearest Sue,
I am still absorbing all the emotions that your dad's service brought to the service, but wanted to tell you how beautiful it was. Your dad would feel so proud of you! I know you are focused on taking care of your mom, but somewhere in there remember to take care of you... You need te to grieve too, and personally speaking I know that is hard when you are the one taking care of everyone else, but let others take care of you, too! Let me know if I can help at all or if you just want to talk... Love ya! Prayers and hugs...

How Sam Sees It said...

We are thinking of you.

Sam