Monday, August 10, 2009

A-Z Mondays - "V" is for Very Old Friends

I had the wonderful opportunity this weekend to reunite with some very old, dear friends. One of the girls that lived in the same neighborhood I grew up in organized a Neighborhood Reunion for us. Her parents and mine still live in the houses we grew up in. Her folks moved in in the spring of 1971 and we moved in, two houses down, in June of 1973. We weren't able to get everyone from the neighborhood back together, but we had a nice turnout. It has been nearly 30 years since I'd seen some of the people, yet, I'd have recognized them if we were walking down the street towards each other. I'm lucky like that, I rarely, if ever, forget a face.

Some of those very wonderful faces belong to "folks" of the neighborhood (l-r) Stella, Denes, G-Ma, G-Pa, Carolyn, & Anne

The majority of the group from the get together. Some of the girls from the neighborhood, (l-r) Maria, Denise, Christin, Shirley & me. Missing from our get together were Becky, Carol, Heidi, Herb, Martha, Kit, Karen, Lee, Dana, Glenda....and several others. Maybe some day we can get them all together.

In spite of not everyone being able to come, it was a very, VERY good time indeed!

If you are interested to see what other bloggers are doing for A-Z Mondays, be sure to stop by Jen's blog here.

9 comments:

Buttercup2489 said...

Wish I could have been there! What an awesome idea! Does anyone know where the Halls are?

Buttercup2489 said...

Wish I could have been there! What an awesome idea!! I remember when we moved in Christin and Denise were 3 and 4 years old. Where is Reneee these days? What about the Halls? So many memories on Westchester.

Unknown said...

Oh, I wish you could have been there too! It was surreal seeing everyone. Rene is still living at home, but, well, it's a long story...I heard that Glenda is in Arizona and just had a baby, and Dana is living in Texas with her husband and two boys.

Ben said...

It's always great to link back up with those people from the past. Our old 'hood has changed so much that I only know about two neighbors when I go back.

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Very Cool!! How nice that you've all kept tabs on one another!

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing the photos... I lived there from 1978 to 1985. The adults in the photo were all kids when I got there of course!

Thanks for sharing pics and thoughts Sue... what happened to Rick and his wife?

Heidi L

Unknown said...

Heidi, I know Rick and his wife Sylvia got divorced a long time back. I ran into Rick working at the wild animal park years ago, but never heard where the boys wound up.

Cassie said...

Very good V! Happy Vonday!

Jen said...

Happy belated Moonday Sue.
Looks like a very good time!:)