Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Milestone of Sorts

Today marks my 500th post. Pretty impressive for me considering I started this blog as a little fun project for me to dabble with - to post a couple of thoughts, and some of my favorite pictures. I never thought that I would enjoy it nearly as much as I do, having met some wonderful new friends, both in the "blog world" and in real life directly because of my blog!

I look forward to blogging every day, and checking in on my blog friends regularly. I may not be the best at leaving comments, but I cruise by nearly every day, and enjoy each and every one of you. (I suppose I shouldn't complain about lurkers on my blog who don't comment when I am a lurker on other's blogs...but just a reminder, I do love getting comments!)

In honor of this momentous - 500th post- occasion, I wanted to post one of my new, favorite photos. This was taken yesterday, on my way home from the airport. (I was picking up the girls, who'd just returned from Montana - I'll post on that tomorrow.)

Anyway, this dip of a girl, who was on her phone in the car - not using a hands free device (which is illegal in California now, and has been for over a year) was stopped a little too far into an intersection near a train track. The bell started ringing, indicating a train was coming. The gates started to close.

On.

Her.

Car.
Everyone around her started honking, the person directly behind her had given her plenty of room to back up, and yet she sat, in her car, on the phone, while the train passed merely feet in front of her, the warning gate resting comfortably on her roof.

Once the train passed, she hit the gas, and took off, seemingly oblivious to the damage done to her car - maybe it was a rental?? I believe she officially qualifies as someone who is dumber than sh!t.

All I could think was that it must have been one heck of an important phone call.

6 comments:

Chris H said...

Congrats on the milestone.
And yep, that girl was a complete idiot obviously!

Golden Samantha said...

Incredible shot and dipsh*t. Wow - 500 posts! That is a GIANT marker - congrats to you! Woohoo!
Hugs xo,
Sammie

Valerie Cummings said...

Wow congrats on your 500th post! I gotta see what number Im at!!! And I cant believe that girl!! Dang! Hugs Joey and Kealani

Maxmom said...

Hi there and heartiest congrats on your 500th post! We love your blog...it's like a lucky packet - you never know whats coming. Thank you for the entertainment too.
That pic - well that is so classic. Here in SA, every inch of the road is a photo opportunity! You wouldn't believe the shenanegans here!
Take care and love from us all
MAXDOG IN SOUTH AFRICA

Coffee Talk with Shar said...

Hey there - CONGRATS on your blog milestone. 500 really is something to be impressed with, and honestly, it is because of you that we started blogging. We just love your posts, and espcially your pictures!!!

As for the dingbat in the car - unbelievable!!

Love you!!

Shirl said...

That car looks familiar. I think she almost ran me over about 30 minutes ago at Costco - seriously. On the phone, not looking behind her, threw the car into reverse as I'm walking by. YIKES!

Congratulations on 500 posts. I don't always comment, but I ALWAYS read.