Sunday, December 23, 2012

More of a challenge than I thought! Updated

I have been thoroughly enjoying the December photo-a-day challenge that I've been participating in, but with as busy as these last couple of days have been, it's been tough to post the photos here.  I've only missed one day on my FB posting, but again, I am running behind here on my blog. 

Friday's prompt word was "tree" - a pretty easy one, given the time of year.  We were out and about for a good part of the day, and braved one of the local malls for some shopping.  We spotted this tree (it was pretty hard to miss) and I took the picture with Pickle in it to help show how large it was.  It was very nice and festive indeed!
 
Yesterday's prompt was "decoration"
I posted this picture of our cozy family room. These decorations make me happy and warm inside.
Today's challenge is "joy is ______"  That's going to be a tough one for me. Capturing "joy" in a photo. Hmmm...we'll have to see what strikes me...stay tuned. I'll try to update later.

Updated as of 9:45pm
My "joy is____________" picture - taken today on a hike to Iron Mountain.
My kids home from college, my husband home from traveling, my beautiful dogs, and spending time outdoors with them. Yes, that makes my feel joy for sure.

Some more of my photos from today...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 This evening we went out in search of Christmas lights after dinner and we found out that the Mormon Temple nearby has a beautiful display set up that you can walk or drive through at no charge.  It was lovely!

1 comment:

kks said...

beautiful pics! looks like the perfect hike! Merry Christmas and happy new year to you and yours!
xoxo