Saturday, December 8, 2012

December Photo-a-Day Challenge, day 8

"Someone you love"

I post this thinking of others I love too, my husband, my children, my Mom, and brother and his family, but my Dad is the one I think of so often and miss so terribly. 

This is the first picture I have of my Dad, taken when he was just a few months old, in 1929, and the last picture I have of him, taken New Years Eve, 2011, just 5 days before he passed.
I have a wonderful memory that I may have shared with you before, but it fits perfectly with today's prompt. Years ago - probably when I was 18 or 19, my Mom was visiting friends and family in Germany.  I was still living at home and helping to take care of the house, cooking, making beds, etc.  One morning as I was making my Dad's bed, I found a note he'd left for me under his pillow. On it, in his handwriting it said, "Others may say they love you as much as I do, but no one will ever love you more."  

I love you too Dad.

No comments: