Wednesday, November 30, 2011
Monday, November 28, 2011
Yeah, I know it's confusing. For me too. It's that funk I'd mentioned not long ago. It's still got me by the shorts. Anyway, I'm still working on shaking the funk. This past weekend helped. AJ was home and I thoroughly enjoyed ever minute we got to spend together. He arrived Tuesday evening, and left yesterday morning.
Tuesday evening we were invited to our neighbors' house for a catfish & bbq'd tri-tip dinner. There were about 20 of us there, and it was a very good time. I'd gotten AJ a cake to celebrate his belated birthday, so we all got to sing, and embarass him a bit. We hung out for a while, and it was a really fun evening.
It was another good day.
After the big meal, a nap was in order for AJ....he needed to catch up on some much needed sleep....
And of course, what's a nap without your sibling making fun of you as you snooze...
More soon - I have to run out for an appointment I'm nearly late for.
Thursday, November 24, 2011
Since the moment I woke up today I've been reflecting on the last year, the good and the bad, the happy days and the not-so happy ones. I am lucky to say that the good days have far out weighed the bad, that's for sure. I hope you can say the same.
In no particular order, here are just a few of the very many things I am thankful for:
- The smell of greenbean casserole in my oven.
- Not having to cook a full feast today - Mom is handling 95% of it.
- The health of my Mom and Dad. The blessing of being with them today is the best thing I could hope for.
- My husband who puts up with my Halloween craziness and so much more.
- Having my children home, happy and healthy.
- The unconditional love of my dogs.
- My warm bed, my warm shower and my warm Uggs.
- My boss, who I adore, and my job that I love.
- My friends who bear with me thru thick and thin...smiles and tears, especially Doug, who knows my deepest, darkest secrets, and loves me anyway.
- New friends I've made this year, and friends from long ago that I've reconnected with in the last year.
- My Face Book Friends and Blogging Buddies - I feel like I'm never just out there on my own.
- And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful to patients that I visit on a weekly basis that help me keep my own worries in perspective.
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
Amazing guys these "Melon Men" are, that's for sure...but as I think of how they reached out to so many, I think of those who reached out to me in the past and it makes me appreciate what they did for the walkers even more.
I have two people that I will never forget when it comes to the 3 Day walk.... of course there are so many more, but these two offered me a kind word, encouragement and a hug when I needed it most. For that, I will always be thankful. I made sure to seek them both out this year, and let them know what their kindness in years passed has meant to me. I'm so glad I found them and I was able to let them know how much they had touched me.
It felt really good to say "Thank You." People should really do that more often.
Thank you Officer B. H. from the San Jose Police Department. You rode along with me at the end of the first day last year when I was cold and wet and tired. You kept me company and made me laugh. You got me through the last mile and a half. To me, you were better than Brad Pitt that day - in fact you still are. You were a rock star to me that day, and you always will be. I'm so glad I saw you and thanked you again in person this year. Thanks for remembering me.
Friday, November 18, 2011
Here are some of my favorite pictures from today. There were lots more I could have shared...but there are also two more days of the walk I'll be sharing. Tomorrow the "Melon Patch" will be out in force. Today my friend Ed was a "Melon Man" solo act. Hubby and our other melon men friends were stuck at work. Tomorrow it's on baby!
If you are on FB, check out "The Melon Men" - they have their own public page!
Thursday, November 17, 2011
By the way...I have no idea why blogger is removing the spaces between my paragraphs, and to be honest, I'm tired of trying to figure it out. Sorry it's a mess.