Thursday, November 24, 2011

So Much to be Thankful For

I hope you are all enjoying the company of your family and friends on this Thanksgiving Day.

Since the moment I woke up today I've been reflecting on the last year, the good and the bad, the happy days and the not-so happy ones. I am lucky to say that the good days have far out weighed the bad, that's for sure. I hope you can say the same.

In no particular order, here are just a few of the very many things I am thankful for:

  • The smell of greenbean casserole in my oven.
  • Not having to cook a full feast today - Mom is handling 95% of it.
  • The health of my Mom and Dad. The blessing of being with them today is the best thing I could hope for.
  • My husband who puts up with my Halloween craziness and so much more.
  • Having my children home, happy and healthy.
  • The unconditional love of my dogs.
  • My warm bed, my warm shower and my warm Uggs.
  • My boss, who I adore, and my job that I love.
  • My friends who bear with me thru thick and thin...smiles and tears, especially Doug, who knows my deepest, darkest secrets, and loves me anyway.
  • New friends I've made this year, and friends from long ago that I've reconnected with in the last year.
  • My Face Book Friends and Blogging Buddies - I feel like I'm never just out there on my own.
  • And last, but certainly not least, I am thankful to patients that I visit on a weekly basis that help me keep my own worries in perspective.

3 comments:

kks said...

can see how happy the kids are to be home and all together!
xoxo

Chris H said...

A really nice post Sue. I too should be thankful for what I have and remember that so many have so little... be it money, possessions,family or time.

Meeka said...

Belated Thanksgiving greetings to you.