Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting back into "it".

I'm not sure exactly what "it" is, but I'm working on getting back into "it"...which means, I guess, that I haven't been in to "it" or more accurately, I have been out of "it."

Yeah, I know it's confusing. For me too. It's that funk I'd mentioned not long ago. It's still got me by the shorts. Anyway, I'm still working on shaking the funk. This past weekend helped. AJ was home and I thoroughly enjoyed ever minute we got to spend together. He arrived Tuesday evening, and left yesterday morning.

Tuesday evening we were invited to our neighbors' house for a catfish & bbq'd tri-tip dinner. There were about 20 of us there, and it was a very good time. I'd gotten AJ a cake to celebrate his belated birthday, so we all got to sing, and embarass him a bit. We hung out for a while, and it was a really fun evening.


Wednesday we just kind of took it easy. I had my long VA visit with Kona (the visit where I go to several different wards and it usually runs about 2 hours) and AJ hung out with his friends, visited with my folks, etc. Pickle started her first ever "real" job - at a local pet boutique.

It was another good day.

We went out to AJ's favorite Mexican food restaurant, and while we were there we ran into some old friends. We chatted about how big all of our kids are getting, how tough it is to have them away at college, etc. It's always good to hear that I'm not the only one feeling the way I am feeling.

Thursday I got up nice and early, and although I didn't have to do much for our Thanksgiving dinner, I started rolling on what I did need to do. I whipped out the deviled eggs, and got the greenbean casserole ready in no time. Hubby and I picked up the house a bit, and enjoyed looking thru the paper planning our midnight shopping and Black Friday buys.

We went to my folks house at about 2pm, and spent the afternoon eating, chatting, and relaxing with my parents. It was a very, very nice afternoon, and it's always great to see Pops enjoy a good plate of food, and have a smile on his face. I cherish every moment we get to spend together.




After the big meal, a nap was in order for AJ....he needed to catch up on some much needed sleep....

And of course, what's a nap without your sibling making fun of you as you snooze...

More soon - I have to run out for an appointment I'm nearly late for.

1 comment:

Chris H said...

I hope you pick up your mood soon.
Maybe AJ not being around is why you are feeling a bit down?
I know I miss our youngest son Mike so much It gets me down.
{{{HUGS}}} by friend.