Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Backtracking a bit...

What better to do while flying across this great country of ours than blog? For as far as my eye can see, there are only clouds and sky. It is beautiful to say the least.

Even though I don't have an Internet connection up here, it hasn't kept me from browsing through and loading recent pictures I've been mean to. I've been behind on my blog, among other things lately. It's not so much for a lack of time as it is for an overabundance of things to do. I'm trying to find that balance in life the continues to elude me.

With that being said, I want to backtrack a bit and wish my Mom a very Happy Birthday, and my Pops a Happy Father's Day! This year, my Mom's birthday happened to fall on Father's Day, and we celebrated both together at our house with a great steak dinner. Hubby was a doll, and helped enormously with dinner, even though it was his special day too. I am a lucky girl indeed. We enjoyed the meal, a fantastic birthday cake thanks to Bear, and a fun evening of cards. It was a wonderful evening.



The last week was busy with a visit with our friends Natalie and Matthew, some pool time with the pooches, and lots of party planning for AJ's big day. He graduates on Saturday and we are expecting about 70 people to celebrate with us on Sunday. The food is ordered, the cake is ordered, the house is 95% back together from the flood...so things are moving along nicely.










After our quicky trip to Purdue, we'll get home late tomorrow night, and start putting the finishing touches on everything. Just a week from Friday, and we'll be on a plane again, this time heading towards Charleston, South Carolina to board a cruise ship bound for the Caribbean! Where the heck does the time go?



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad while up, up in the sky!

No comments: