Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sew & Sew

I've been busy, in addition to my regular party prep, with sewing stuff. Last night I was FINALLY able to complete several of my sewing projects. Although I'm not nearly as talented as some people (Chris!) with their mad sewing skills, I was please with how these projects came out.

These are the pup's costumes for this year's S.D. Golden Retriever Meetup Group Halloween Costume party. They are going as "the pup-kin patch" - I know, they aren't very creative, but they will work, and be comfortable on the doggies. I gave thought to adding hats, but decided against it when I remembered that they all HATE wearing hats - so why bother!
These are some bandannas I finished up for Kona. Each time we go on a therapy visit he wears a bandanna to identify him as a certified therapy dog. I've ordered Love on a Lease patches for him with his name on them, to be put on each bandanna, but they haven't arrived yet. (Did I mention that he actually got "carded" going into the hospital the other day, and I was tickled pink to whip out his official ID card and show it to the security guard!) Anyway, I've made enough seasonal bandannas to get him through Christmas, and then I will make a couple more...one for Valentines Day, St Patty's Day, Easter, etc. The folks we visit get a kick out of seeing what he is wearing. I also finished up Hubby's costume last night, and I am SO happy that's done! It just needed some finishing touches, and it's been bugging me to get it done. Now it's done and off my list! The other big sewing project, a teepee, is done too. YAY! I think I can finally put my sewing machine away for a while! I'll be sure to post pics of the costume and the teepee after the party. They both came out pretty darn good, if I do say so myself!

3 comments:

Golden Samantha said...

Good grief!!! You are soooo talented! Those bandanas are pawesome - and the pumpkin costumes so terrific! Great ideas! Can't wait to hear about what your hubby, not to mention YOU, will be wearing!
xo Sammie

Maxmom said...

Hey there, Sue
This is creativity at its best...truly! We are soooo impressed. Halloween is really a 'non-entity' in our country, so to see something like this is absolutely fascinating. We think you have done a terrific job and we are looking forward to all the pictures.
Congratulations - there is no stopping you, it seems.
with love from
MAX's mom in South Africa

Chris H said...

I am sure your sewing skills are just as good as mine! I am not that good mate!
It's the machine.. it has so many lovely stitches...

I can't wait to see all the Halloween Photos! You made a teepee!!! Awesome.